VOGONS

First post, by Victorkorp99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As the title says, I have a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP and today I tried to use it on a socket 478 universal AGP board (one that was proved to be compatible) but when I turn on the machine it gives me a beep error ( the one that typically means "no graphics card detected") and afterwards the machine boots up normally (enters Windows 98, the drivers for the card are installed and everything seems to work fine, except for that initial error)

The specs for my machine are:

Mother: Biostar U8668-D Rev 7.6
Ram: Super talent 512mb DDR400
CPU: Pentium 4 1.5ghz (Willamette)
Others: A sound card (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz)
Storage: IDE to SD card adapter + SD 64gb

Additionally I tried the card on 2 pentium 2/3 class machines and it works without the error (mobos being an Intel se440bx-2 and a DFI TA64-B), but the same issue repeated on a socket A board (MSI KT2 Combo)

So far, I'm sure the issue comes from the card itself, since i tried other similar 3.3v cards (a Trident 9880 and a Permedia 2) and none of the other boards had that problem. As an additional note, I also tried some games that use Glide (Tomb Rider and Unreal) and ran 3dMark 99, also without a single issue

I'm open for suggestions because I don't have a single clue about what could be the issue

Edit: I just tried with another socket A board (ECS K7S5A - Via KT133) and the voodoo ran without any error code

Argentina, Córdoba

System: - Pentium III-S 1.4 (Tualatin) + 512mb RAM PC133 + Lite-On TR100 (i815ep) + Ati Radeon 9550 256mb + SB Live! + Generic Usb 2.0 Card + 3Com Etherlink III+ 64gb SD Card (IDE to SD adapter)