VOGONS

First post, by Toaster999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all

Hope you are well.

Edit - when I installed windows XP is said motherboard does not support ACPI press F7 to ignore. Is this the problem below?

I have a GA-6BXDS with USB ports. However they are not working. I'm getting a error on the intel 8237 (see pick). When installing the driver it says motherboard firmware need updating. This Bios right?

I can't see that bios would have shipped without usb but in the bios there are no USB options apart from keyboard disable/enable and assign IRQ to USB which I have enabled. I have a PCI/UCB Card but that's not working either

It's award V4.51g bios - interesting not mentioned on the Asus website. Could someone have put in different bios? The bios screenshots in the manual are the same though.

Any help please most welcome

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Roman555

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Toaster999 wrote on 2022-12-16, 18:21:
I have a GA-6BXDS with USB ports. .... It's award V4.51g bios - interesting not mentioned on the Asus website. Could someone hav […]
Show full quote

I have a GA-6BXDS with USB ports.
It's award V4.51g bios - interesting not mentioned on the Asus website. Could someone have put in different bios? The bios screenshots in the manual are the same though.

Any help please most welcome

Hi,
You couldn't find rhe BIOS on ASUS website because GA-6BXDS is Gigabyte.
4.51g is BIOS's manufacturer version (award). Gigabyte identificator of bios version would be another.
It's F1 and it happens it has just one version.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-6BXDS … port#support-dl

You will be able to understand in windows device manager why the resource conflict happened. Try to disable COM ports or LPT or maybe insert expansion card into another PCI slot. Sometimes a reservation of irq in bios settings can help prevent irq conflict.
Good luck!

[ MS6168/PII-350/YMF754/98SE ]
[ 775i65G/E5500/9800Pro/Vortex2/ME ]

Reply 2 of 2, by Toaster999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi sorry yes meant Gigabyte not Asus.

I'm trying to update to F1 but it's saying the bios is locked and won't update. No jumper as far as I can find. Only think I can think of it's at F1 already. I'll check