VOGONS

First post, by RTID

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found this particular interesting VGA card (in the attachment) while I browse upon my local online shop, I wonder what kind slot is that? for me It looks like COASt slot, but could be is something else? I never seen it (I just know PCI, AGP, PCIe and VLB)

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is for the Abit PG5 motherboard, there's another slot just below the RAM slots where this card goes into.

If I recall correctly, Abit reused a COAST slot for this dedicated VGA card.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 2 of 3, by RTID

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Vynix wrote on 2023-02-01, 05:56:

This is for the Abit PG5 motherboard, there's another slot just below the RAM slots where this card goes into.

If I recall correctly, Abit reused a COAST slot for this dedicated VGA card.

thank you, learned something new...
now the silly things... I wonder, since those are identical 160-pin COAST slot, what if I put that card in (supposed to be) COAST slot, would it compatible? or those slot are addressed differently by different controller in the chipset?

Reply 3 of 3, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fry the motherboard and/or the card. So don´t.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.