VOGONS

First post, by Velociraptor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an Omniview F1DA108P and other than one small problem it's ideal.

For some reason 3 out of the 5 PCs connected to it will detect as connected to monochrome monitors if, and only if, the Omniview is selected to their channel when powered on.

In other words if I switch on the PC in channel 2, while the Omniview has channel 2 selected then it will detect as mono. If it's selected as channel 1 or 5 or whatever at boot and I switch to channel 2 after POST then it's in colour.

One of the PCs will beep the speaker at POST if it detects mono, so I've been able to test the behaviour with no monitor connected, and it's the same. Mono if the right channel is selected.

I saw another one on ebay cheap, nearly the same model this is the F1DA108T, which adds a USB port to each channel. However even on that one the behaviour is the same, if the channel is selected at boot it detects as mono.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply 1 of 2, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got a couple of Belkin Omniview switches, both a couple of desktop ones (4 port, mixed PS2 + usb + audio) and a big rackmount 16 port thing. I'll check the model numbers.

I've not come across that behaviour. It's almost like it's not detecting a fully wired 15 pin cable. Have you check that all of your cables and/or male/female adapters are fully connected with all 15 pins?

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 2 of 2, by Velociraptor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, I have. This is on 3 out of 5 PCs. And it's on 2 out of 2 omiview pro KVMs.

I have tried no monitor connected, I have tried the CRT connected and I tried a flat panel - same behaviour each time.

The only way it works properly is if I switch to the "wrong" channel on the KVM before I power on the PC and when I switch back all is well.

I have even tried putting a cable in series to the monitor from the KVM or to the PC from the KVM with all non-essential pins removed. Same outcome.