VOGONS

First post, by uebersoldat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I've tried several random ISOs from the archive.org but they never mention model numbers for PB machines. Of course none of them work. Anyone have one of these or know where I can source the information?

I did manage to get a floppy boot diskette image from archive that boots the machine and formats the drive and I get the menu and everything there but the option to get the hard drive to boot on its own doesn't work. Just kinda hangs at boot after it detects the drives. Doesn't go further.

Thanks all!

Clay

Reply 2 of 3, by Windows9566

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i just got a packard bell as well, but i am just running a regular Win95C OSR 2.5 install. mine is a mini tower form factor, same mobo as your 402CD, i upgraded it to a Pentium 133 and 32 MB RAM, it is using a Aztech AZT2316R I38-MMSN843 and has a onboard Cirrus GD5430. idk how i can help you with the master cd though sadly.

R5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3060 TI, Win11
P3 600, 256 MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 M64, SB Vibra 16S, Win98
PMMX 200, 128 MB RAM, S3 Virge DX, Yamaha YMF719, Win95
486DX2 66, 32 MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440, ESS ES688F, DOS

Reply 3 of 3, by uebersoldat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for commenting! I have some old Windows 95 and 98 discs but was going for the original feel with all the pre-loaded PB software. I may end up going that route though.

Is one able to tie the chipset model numbers there to a specific master CD? I figure they are keyed to the hardware based on some skimming I've been doing.