VOGONS

Mx28f2000tpc

Topic actions

First post, by amijim

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello vogoners. I have just received a mx28f2000 bios eeprom as a gift from a friend yet I cannot program it by hot flashing it even though I used a 12v on vpp and uniflash awdflash and flash rom all complaints about the chip being 64kb and I would like to ask you if you can identify it as a legit eeprom or a fake one considering there are differences on the packaging. Shall I try flash it with a tl866 programmer of if it didn't work by hot flashing, it will never be programmed on tl866 either. Thank you.

Attachments

Iwill ZmaxDP
Arima4way
Tyan s2885
Iwill MPX2
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+
Compaq SP700
Compaq ml350

Reply 1 of 2, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

if you have a tl866 you can use it to find out the ID of the chip and then look up the ID in the infoic.xml file so you have the name for the chip. that's how I'd do it in windows.
if you have a tl866 working in linux, the minipro program will suggest which chip it is using the id.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 2, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
amijim wrote on 2023-04-16, 19:53:

Hello vogoners. I have just received a mx28f2000 bios eeprom as a gift from a friend yet I cannot program it by hot flashing it even though I used a 12v on vpp and uniflash awdflash and flash rom all complaints about the chip being 64kb and I would like to ask you if you can identify it as a legit eeprom or a fake one considering there are differences on the packaging. Shall I try flash it with a tl866 programmer of if it didn't work by hot flashing, it will never be programmed on tl866 either. Thank you.

Hello,

Why do you think the chip is fake? Where does the friend have it from?

Using a TL866 is always more safe and better than trying a hotflash. So when you have the possibilty then use a programmer.