P4_1.jpg
Filename
P4_1.jpg
File size
1.65 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Hoping to build a Win98 retro gaming setup with it...

Last edited by 2e0qrz on 2023-05-26, 12:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 16, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ISA is provided via third-party bridge, but everything up to ICH5 south bridge should work with DMA access. May be still incompatible with some cards due to BIOS/bridge issues.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 3 of 16, by 2e0qrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Maryoo wrote on 2023-05-25, 12:56:

This is a board from a Chinese manufacturer for industrial applications. I watched a similar one yesterday but I'm wondering if ISA sound cards will work.

I'm trying to search for a manual but not having much luck...

Reply 4 of 16, by 2e0qrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2023-05-25, 13:01:

ISA is provided via third-party bridge, but everything up to ICH5 south bridge should work with DMA access. May be still incompatible with some cards due to BIOS/bridge issues.

I guess the only way to find out, is build it up... and try it.

Appreciate the extra info!

Reply 6 of 16, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Keep in mind that 845GV does not provide true AGP slot, only add-on functionality for DVI card.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 7 of 16, by Dorunkāku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Maryoo wrote on 2023-05-25, 14:00:

For that price you can get a Advantech AIMB 742.
I have one and it supports ISA DMA .

Last edited by Dorunkāku on 2023-05-25, 14:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 16, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My industrial 845GV setup - Re: #freshmeatrecovery - NCR Pivat or DFI-ITOX G4V620-B-G

Works nice with ISA sound cards (tested with AWE64, ESS1869, Crystal cards).

AGP is for DVI-riser only!

Will sell it in nearest future)))

Attachments

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 9 of 16, by Gumur.gurl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
2e0qrz wrote on 2023-05-25, 13:09:
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2023-05-25, 13:01:

I guess the only way to find out, is build it up... and try it.

Appreciate the extra info!

ibase PT-MB8000H.

i prefer the cheapo 865g chipset, im not fan of ISA bus, its unnatural to me on a pentium 4.

Attachments

• K3.jpg
    Filename
    K3.jpg
    File size
    1018.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • k2.jpg
    Filename
    k2.jpg
    File size
    162.61 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    k1.pdf
    File size
    811.51 KiB
    Downloads
    34 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 10 of 16, by 2e0qrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gumur.gurl wrote on 2023-05-25, 15:33:

ibase PT-MB8000H,.

i prefer the cheapo 865g chiset, im not fan with ISA bus, seems to be unnatural to me on a pentium 4.

I thought it was unusual to see an isa bus on a Pentium 4 board...

ok, so based on your reply mentioning iBase...

I find this on the TheRetroWeb site.

Reply 11 of 16, by bogdanpaulb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

https://www.google.com/search?q=QDI+P6I845+Pl … 0&bih=935&dpr=1 has a fully working agp slot and even the version without an ISA slot has a SB-link connector (at least the one that i own).

Last edited by bogdanpaulb on 2023-05-25, 20:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 16, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The ibase boards are quite good. I have the MB800H and the ISA slots have worked with everything I have tried in them (SB16, GUS Max, various industrial control cards, a couple of Transputer host cards etc.).

No issues what so ever.

I think I have a Geforce 6800 GT in mine. Max of 2GB which is isn't great these days, but enough for Dos, Windows XP and a recentish Linux distro.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 13 of 16, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

looks exactly as "iBASE MB800H", but the board on the picture from the 1st post says "PT-MB8000H" - I've never seen iBASE board with prefix "PT-" in its model. So, I think it's other manufacturer (or maybe just another brand and still iBASE made it) using the same or very similar design as "iBASE MB800H". Anyway, the ISA slots should be fully working, i.e. with working ISA DMA, because of ICH5 and compatible Winbond PCI-to-ISA bridge. I have "iBASE MB800H" and all ISA sound card I've tried are fully working.

Reply 14 of 16, by 2e0qrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2023-05-25, 20:03:

The ibase boards are quite good. I have the MB800H and the ISA slots have worked with everything I have tried in them (SB16, GUS Max, various industrial control cards, a couple of Transputer host cards etc.).

No issues what so ever.

I think I have a Geforce 6800 GT in mine. Max of 2GB which is isn't great these days, but enough for Dos, Windows XP and a recentish Linux distro.

Appreciate the confirmation on the ISA slots working...

Reply 15 of 16, by 2e0qrz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mattw wrote on 2023-05-25, 22:10:

looks exactly as "iBASE MB800H", but the board on the picture from the 1st post says "PT-MB8000H" - I've never seen iBASE board with prefix "PT-" in its model. So, I think it's other manufacturer (or maybe just another brand and still iBASE made it) using the same or very similar design as "iBASE MB800H". Anyway, the ISA slots should be fully working, i.e. with working ISA DMA, because of ICH5 and compatible Winbond PCI-to-ISA bridge. I have "iBASE MB800H" and all ISA sound card I've tried are fully working.

Yep, it looks exactly the same as the ibase mb800h...

Maybe I can confirm that once I have it up and running?

Reply 16 of 16, by insanitor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

AHEM:

Time for me to step in.

AGP slot is *****NOT***** for a DVI riser card only.

Full ISA support & DMA forwarding.

Latest Microsoft OS that can be installed is Windows 7 32 bit.

There are 3 different BIOS versions out there. I seem to have the latest one. The latest version includes the capability to disable the onboard Intel boot agent. BIOS chip is PLCC32 and it’s Winbond.

Prices currently on eBay range from $350.00 to $1000.00

Note: It is STRONGLY recommended that this board be recapped! Because: then it will be very temperamental! Anything can happen. Keep this board cool and don’t keep it on for too long and don’t use high powered fans if you connect them to the same power rail that the video card is hooked up to.

Note2: the onboard connector for the USB pin out is non-standard. You have to use the manual to get the pin out and then modify the connector on your case to work with it.

Note3: you need not forward ISA DMA to get things to work unless there are IRQ and DMA conflicts.

Note4: in the BIOS you can turn off the option to assign an IRQ to the modem. The modem will take it anyway. The default IRQ setting is 3. This way you can free up an IRQ for Windows.

My setup:

ATI all-in-wonder 9800 PRO with Zalman fan and heat sink. (I’ve also tested a vga AGP nvidia card, it works ok).
Soundblaster AWE32 Gold ISA
U.S. Robotics ISA modem
VIA PCI raid sata/IDE card
USB 2.0 PCI card.
Pentium 4 3Ghz with Hyperthreading.
2gb Crucial RAM
All new Panasonic aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors installed.

The drivers for this board do not seem hard to find.

AHEM:

When I go, the smiles and the laughs go with me.