VOGONS

First post, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI all im messing with the pentium 1 again and trying to properly connect the LED jumpers and the jumpers on the mobo.
Does anyone know how to properly connect this LED ? I had it going but it started to heat up fast and glitch out. I cant find anything about it online to know how to properly connect it and I dont know where the turbo switch connector should go. Anyone know anything about this board?

Here are some pictures.

B1t9AOa.jpg
FttPQBl.jpg
6IXcA2u.jpg
thi9tT2.jpg
This comes from the Turbo LED
y6cIFg6.jpg
THis is what powers the LED display
BHTCht8.jpg

Reply 1 of 3, by bogdanpaulb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Check this tread: Turbo switch functionality on high end 486 & early Pentium 1 systems , most likley if it's a Pentium motherboard you won't have turbo sw functionality, maybe an LED, depending on the motherboard model. For the speed display you can use the power led header(key lock pin 1 and 3) on the motherboard, set it up to display a speed of your choice and put the power led of the case to the SMI led header on the motherboard. Or you can even run the speed display from the smi led signal and do some small custom circuitry so when your computer is on, a speed will be displayed and when enters 'green' mode, something else will be displayed on the speed display, but that's more complicated.

Reply 2 of 3, by bogdanpaulb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also on some older psu's there will be a connector to power the speed display(that's the standard/normal way), don't know if that's your case because you posted only pictures of the connectors.

Reply 3 of 3, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bogdanpaulb wrote on 2023-05-26, 18:12:

Check this tread: Turbo switch functionality on high end 486 & early Pentium 1 systems , most likley if it's a Pentium motherboard you won't have turbo sw functionality, maybe an LED, depending on the motherboard model. For the speed display you can use the power led header(key lock pin 1 and 3) on the motherboard, set it up to display a speed of your choice and put the power led of the case to the SMI led header on the motherboard. Or you can even run the speed display from the smi led signal and do some small custom circuitry so when your computer is on, a speed will be displayed and when enters 'green' mode, something else will be displayed on the speed display, but that's more complicated.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up putting the P 1 into a different case though as its a much better fit and it has no LED . This case and mobo was giving me too many issues and i think the mobo was borked as there was now no power to the keyboard or mouse as well as other issues.