VOGONS

First post, by Demonslayer2103

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently bought a sata pci card for my windows xp and windows 2000 pc using the sil3512 chip but have had issues with it. It works fine in 98se but in windows 2000 and xp I keep getting delayed write errors. I have tried updating the bios to different versions on the card and also a few different driver versions but had no luck so far.

Reply 1 of 3, by Haki26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe it's a problem of assigned IRQ addresses? Maybe with windows 98 these addresses are ok, but with windows 2000 and XP could there be an address conflict?
The PowerStrip program shows you all assigned IRQ addresses. Try using it on XP and see if the PCI Sata controller IRQ address is shared with other peripherals. If so, that could be the problem

Reply 2 of 3, by Demonslayer2103

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Haki26 wrote on 2023-06-26, 17:50:

Maybe it's a problem of assigned IRQ addresses? Maybe with windows 98 these addresses are ok, but with windows 2000 and XP could there be an address conflict?
The PowerStrip program shows you all assigned IRQ addresses. Try using it on XP and see if the PCI Sata controller IRQ address is shared with other peripherals. If so, that could be the problem

Just checked doesn't seem to be having a irq conflict