VOGONS

Reply 20 of 32, by ThinkpadIL

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jasa1063 wrote on 2023-07-02, 13:31:

The seller got back to me and the computer was in fact manufactured in Bulgaria which is the main thing I wanted to know. The CPU is most likely a NEC V20, but if it is an 8088-2, I can just swap that out for a V20.

Yes, Pravetz is definitely a Bulgarian brand and from what I've understood it is a Pravetz-16T model with NEC V20 CPU. EC-1839 - it is only a soviet id for one of the communist countries computers. A kind of clone unification attempt. By the way, Pravetz had clones also, one of them was manufactured in Soviet Union in Moldova and called Compecs V20-12. It is told that they were built from parts coming from Pravetz factory in Bulgaria.

compecs_label.jpg
Filename
compecs_label.jpg
File size
834.69 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
compecs_caselabel.jpg
Filename
compecs_caselabel.jpg
File size
789.32 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
compecsv20_12_initscr.jpg
Filename
compecsv20_12_initscr.jpg
File size
1.01 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 21 of 32, by ThinkpadIL

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some more information about your Pravetz-16T (from that Bulgarian forum):

juko_page1.jpg
Filename
juko_page1.jpg
File size
137.89 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
juko_page2.jpg
Filename
juko_page2.jpg
File size
129.41 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
juko_page3.jpg
Filename
juko_page3.jpg
File size
99.81 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
juko_page4.jpg
Filename
juko_page4.jpg
File size
123.4 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 22 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ThinkpadIL wrote on 2023-07-02, 14:21:
Some more information about your Pravetz-16T (from that Bulgarian forum): […]
Show full quote

Some more information about your Pravetz-16T (from that Bulgarian forum):

juko_page1.jpg
juko_page2.jpg
juko_page3.jpg
juko_page4.jpg

Thank you!

Reply 24 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DundyTheCroc wrote on 2023-07-02, 14:44:

The case for sure is Bulgarian, the other parts are mixed bag: some are Bulgarian, some not, typical for the late Pravetz production.

The seller also told me that as well about the parts used in the case.

Reply 25 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The seller is about to ship the computer. Here are pictures of the CPU. It is a NEC V20@12MHz

Attachments

• s-l1600-02.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600-02.jpg
    File size
    340.99 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • s-l1600-01.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600-01.jpg
    File size
    149.07 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 26 of 32, by ThinkpadIL

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jasa1063 wrote on 2023-07-02, 15:45:

The seller is about to ship the computer. Here are pictures of the CPU. It is a NEC V20@12MHz

Actually CPU is not seen on those pictures. It is hidden behind ISA card and white flat ribbon cable. It is placed between ISA slot and power cable connection to the motherboard.

Reply 27 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ThinkpadIL wrote on 2023-07-02, 16:30:
jasa1063 wrote on 2023-07-02, 15:45:

Actually CPU is not seen on those pictures. It is hidden behind ISA card and white flat ribbon cable. It is placed between ISA slot and power cable connection to the motherboard.

Sorry, I did not look as closely at the pictures as I should, but the seller informed of the CPU type and speed.

Reply 28 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got the computer this week. I needed to get a step up/down transformer as the power supply is 220v. The computer boots up and boots from a floppy drive. The bad news is both ST-225 drives were damaged in shipping. I am working with the seller to get a partial refund for the drives, but I can at least run the computer a Compact Flash XTIDE solution. Overall it could have been worse.

Reply 30 of 32, by ThinkpadIL

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jasa1063 wrote on 2023-07-28, 00:35:

I got the computer this week. I needed to get a step up/down transformer as the power supply is 220v. The computer boots up and boots from a floppy drive. The bad news is both ST-225 drives were damaged in shipping. I am working with the seller to get a partial refund for the drives, but I can at least run the computer a Compact Flash XTIDE solution. Overall it could have been worse.

Yes, unfortunately there are many those who do not care about the quality of the packaging, even professionals who's the only job is to package things.

Reply 31 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The computer was packed well. The drives were both push up about 1 inch on the left side despite being screwed to the chassis, so I can only assume the package took a hit. The plastic front plate on one of the drives was broken off, so I doubt even if the drives were parked it would have made much difference. The box was sent economy shipping to save costs, so it probably did not get the best care with all the post offices it went through. I have yet to hear back from the the seller. They do have almost 2000 sales with a 100% satisfaction rating, so I am sure something can be worked out.

Reply 32 of 32, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The seller got back to me and agreed to a partial refund. Better still they offered even more in store credit along with free shipping. They definitely care about taking care of their customers!