VOGONS

First post, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello all, I have recently purchased an 1802 monitor, thus completing my C64. I have the 262 U shaped connector for video. I am able to find diagrams of the pinout, but I can't find any information other than the old 5 pin diagrams on how to make a cable. I want to make a cable for Chroma, Luma, sound, and whatever else I need.

Does anyone have this information? Youtube or preferably a diagram that shows what to solder to where - I have the RCA cables and the connector, it's just a question of cutting it up and pinning it properly.

Thanks!

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 2 of 4, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hah, that summarizes my confusion:

The table:

pin C64 signal notes ASSY 326298 (5-pin C64) VIC-20 C128 Plus/4
1 LUMINANCE luminance, video y-signal, brightness COMPOSITE
(luminance and chrominance)
video signal 6 volts DC, max 10 mA
power supply for rf modulator like C64 like C64
2 GND ground GND like C64 like C64 like C64
3 AUDIO OUT audio output AUDIO OUT like C64 like C64 AUDIO OUT (1VPP)
4 VIDEO OUT composite video signal (mixed colour/brightness signal) VIDEO OUT "VLOW" video low like C64 like C64
5 AUDIO IN audio input AUDIO IN "VHIGH" video high like C64 AUDIO IN
6 CHROMINANCE chrominance, video c-signal, colour - - like C64 like C64
7 - not connected - - like C64 like C64
8 often +5VDC not connected - - 5 volts DC like C64

For the RCA connector, does pin 1, 5, and 6 go to the centre pin of each respective RCA connector (there's three), and the outside of the RCA connector (all three) go to pin 2 (GND)? Or is the polarity reversed for the RCA?

Reply 3 of 4, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jed118 wrote on 2023-07-21, 14:21:

For the RCA connector, does pin 1, 5, and 6 go to the centre pin of each respective RCA connector (there's three), and the outside of the RCA connector (all three) go to pin 2 (GND)? Or is the polarity reversed for the RCA?

They go to the center pin (I measured it on my S-Video-cable). Outside is connected to ground.
Btw you surely mean pin 3 (audio out) and not pin 5 (audio in)

Reply 4 of 4, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HanSolo wrote on 2023-07-21, 15:21:
Jed118 wrote on 2023-07-21, 14:21:

They go to the center pin (I measured it on my S-Video-cable). Outside is connected to ground.
Btw you surely mean pin 3 (audio out) and not pin 5 (audio in)

I certainly do. I made that post at 12:30PM 🤣. Great, now I will modify a 262 to be a 270 and get to soldering. 😁

Thank you all!