VOGONS

First post, by Danger Manfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I want to hardmod R420 GPU based cards (X800 Pro, FireGL X3 256) to unlock them from 12 to 16 pipelines.
This requires undoing a lasercut.
From the descriptions I can find via google, this was relatively easy using a magnifying glass and conductive pen to just reconnect the bridge.
The problem is: over the last 15-18 years, all pictures of that have disappeared, the links to them are dead, so I cannot see WHAT I have to reconnect.
I tried wayback machine on three different guides but the pictures (or rather the guides themselves) haven't been archived, sadly.

If anyone still owns a modded card or has better Google Fu and can find out what has to be done there, that would be a great deed for all AGP nostalgics, as very few X800 XT cards have survived to this day, but there's plenty X800 Pros and especially FireGL X3 cards still around for a fraction of the price.

Reply 2 of 4, by Danger Manfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2023-08-11, 11:22:

Techpowerup still has guides for X800/X850.

I have seen those, but that's only the BIOS mod part, most cards will also need the hardware mod, which a friend was able to point me to, so I'll share it here:

http://www.controsensi.it/Mods/X800Pro_16p/Contents.htm

I also saved the page in case it goes the way the other hardmod guides went... you never know!