VOGONS

First post, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So this is a philosophical question. I have this rare card that I want to try to fix. Its a Elsa Gloria II pro AGP Pro 50 card. Basically a geforce 256 DDR 64 MB card for AGP pro slot that happens to be a quadro.

I also have got a ATI R6 7200 with 64mb of the same exact DDR and that card works. Actually the DDR is the same but its 1 NS faster. ITS -5 and the quadro is -6

So would you destroy the 1st ATI radeon card to repair the 1st Nvida GPU with DDR?

Reply 2 of 7, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Personally I wouldn't. You're destroying the first Radeon card ever released, to save a Quadro.
If you can find the 6ns chips 9n the future, it's not destroying of course, it's a kind of lending. 😉

And if you're going to sell it, you're obligated to mention it's repaired.

i386 16 ⇒ i486 DX4 100 ⇒ Pentium MMX 200 ⇒ Athlon Orion 700 | TB 1000 ⇒ AthlonXP 1700+ ⇒ Opteron 165 ⇒ Dual Opteron 856

Reply 3 of 7, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I could harvest ram from anything with hy5dv651622 tc-g6 and I assume hy5dv651622 tc-G55. There are 4 chips on the front and 4 on the back. Squeze testing reveals nothing. The artifacts look memory related in my opinion. As I see lines or stripes in the output the card does display however.

Its not just any quadro. Even though saying its a quadro sounds bad. Its this card picture I borrowed from VGA Legacy MKIII Becasue its a AGP pro card its 100 times more rare than a normal one. If I wanted another its impossible however if I wanted another radeon 7200 its pretty easy.

To put into perspective I could harvest two Matrox G450s That would probably cost me 50-60 Dollars after shipping. Or I could harvest a 7200 that would cost me about the same going by current ebay prices.

Attachments

• quadroddru.jpg
    Filename
    quadroddru.jpg
    File size
    1000.4 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 7, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's a great card indeed. I would only sacrifice a Radeon as last resort.
From my experience, Radeons are not that rare. They just tend to be less accurately described in online ads. So hard to find. I have 2 or 3 of them and never paid more than 15/20€ for it.

Have you tried to buy the chips directly ?

https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/4497096.html

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)