VOGONS

First post, by muon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anybody know where I can get Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB driver?

I have a portatil from Toshiba ( model S2710XDVD Satellite ). This portatil has Windows 98 and it works fine. I changed the hard disk and I'm installing MSDOS/Windows 95/Windows 98 in the same hard disk. Some drivers from Windows 98 works OK in Windows 95, and with the CD utils from the portatil I get Windows 95 ,but without USB support ( PCI bridge one of them is missing too) . Yes the Windows 95 version is OSR2.5.

I was looking for the driver and I haven't found it. Does anyone know if it exists? Where I can get it?

Reply 1 of 5, by fosterwj03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Windows 95 OSR2 CD has USB drivers. They're in a folder named something like \OTHER\UPDATES\USB. The folder has a Readme file to explain the installation process, but you basically need to run two .EXEs with a reboot after each. Windows will detect the ports after the reboot.

Keep in mind that these drivers will only activate the ports. Each of your USB devices also need drivers, and Windows 95 did not ship with any for common devices like keyboards and mice.

Good luck.

Reply 3 of 5, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recommend XUSBSUPP instead of the USBSUPP.EXE on the OSR2 CD. Besides what is included in USBSUPP.EXE, XUSBSUPP also includes storage device drivers for USB thumb drives and a handy tray-utility for ejecting them safely (this was never included by Microsoft originally).

When installing Windows you must install XUSBSUPP (or USBSUPP.EXE, if you're sticking with the old packages) before you install any motherboard/chipset driver packages.

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.

Reply 4 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For chipset driver (INF) the newest I have that supports Win95 is v3.40. From V4.0 and up there is no Win95 or Win98 support, only Win98SE and up. Somewhere I found a v3.6 or something but cannot find it now....
Phils Computer lab has v3.20... https://www.philscomputerlab.com/intel-chipset-drivers.html. Vogons Library has v3.40...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun