VOGONS

First post, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all,

I had previously received this lovely and quite rare AM2 Motherboard with AGP slot. Unfortunately it had many bulging caps and decided to recap it. The new caps have now finally arrived but I can't seem to find the piece of paper I wrote the values 🙁 I kindly ask if someone has this board at hand if they can see what the values are and report back, that would be greatly appreciated.

Going from memory and using photos I found online, I think there are only 4 types and I've so encircled in the photo by color (Red, Yellow, Violet, White) So only need to check one cap per color 😀

oAqbvNx.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Reply 2 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice Karbist ! OP: next time use your cell phone and take some picture before you de-solder 🤣

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 4, by CharlieFoxtrot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
aaronkatrini wrote on 2023-08-31, 22:54:

I can't seem to find the piece of paper I wrote the values 🙁

Are you me? I mean, this is exactly something that most likely would also happen to me at some point.

Yesterday I completely lost my s**t in my workshop for very similar reason. I reccaped the secondary of an old 5V heavy Enermax PSU. I had taken the PSU apart about a week ago and while doing so, I put all the screws to a small zip bag. Yesterday, after the recap I started to put the PSU back together and I couldn’t find that zip bag anywhere, goddamit. Gladly I had replacement screws, only problem was the grounding lead that is attached to the PSU chassis with a bolt. I don’t know if it is with inch twist or what, but I couldn’t find a replacement bolt that would fit nicely so I had to mcgyver it a bit.

But damn that is infuriating and only one I can blame is myself 🤣

Reply 4 of 4, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Karbist Thank you so much!!

@Horun Yes, indeed, need to do that, but writing everything on a piece of paper seemed more "professional" 😀

@CharlieFoxtrot we're on the same boat brother 😜