Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🤣 I did something similar a few years ago, after install swapped the cpu for a much lower than minimum requires and was amazed it booted up.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 4, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When I sold my old PC back in 2009 before the release of Windows 7, I sold it with Windows 7 RC. It was already very sluggish to the point of being unusable on a 2.4GHz Northwood Celeron and 768MB RAM and a 256MB Radeon 9600 Pro. I can only imagine how responsive this could be. So you deserve all my respect for this attempt.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 3 of 4, by zakariya1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RandomStranger wrote on 2023-09-17, 15:59:

When I sold my old PC back in 2009 before the release of Windows 7, I sold it with Windows 7 RC. It was already very sluggish to the point of being unusable on a 2.4GHz Northwood Celeron and 768MB RAM and a 256MB Radeon 9600 Pro. I can only imagine how responsive this could be. So you deserve all my respect for this attempt.

you shoulda tryed rtm on that and your GPU is wddm certified so did areo run what was the wei score the pentum ll 266 with 128mb ram and 4mb GPU got a 1.0 also thanks
and netburst isn't great

Reply 4 of 4, by zakariya1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2023-09-17, 15:51:

🤣 I did something similar a few years ago, after install swapped the cpu for a much lower than minimum requires and was amazed it booted up.....

also this is rtm due to a bug rtm wont boot on Intel p5 class CPUs like the original pentum and pentum mmx but I'll work on a pentum l clone as long as you have acpi