VOGONS

First post, by ldare1000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I have a Dell D400 running DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1.

To my surprise somethings work fine, such as a USB Floppy Disk Drive, and the touch pad.

I'd love to know if there are compatible Sound Drivers?

I've ordered an external CD Rom off eBay, which hasn't come yet, but when it does I'll need to figure a way to get drivers for Dos 6.22 too.

Also I'm using the 40gb Hard Drive as 4x 2gb drives, is that the best I can get?

Thanks in advance
Louis

Reply 1 of 3, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ldare1000 wrote on 2023-10-08, 16:30:
Hi […]
Show full quote

Hi

I have a Dell D400 running DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1.

To my surprise somethings work fine, such as a USB Floppy Disk Drive, and the touch pad.

I'd love to know if there are compatible Sound Drivers?

I've ordered an external CD Rom off eBay, which hasn't come yet, but when it does I'll need to figure a way to get drivers for Dos 6.22 too.

Also I'm using the 40gb Hard Drive as 4x 2gb drives, is that the best I can get?

Thanks in advance
Louis

If you want to only use for DOS, better to use dos 7 and fat32 in a large partition, much simpler

SBemu im sure support 855 chipset, if i dont remember bad, i tested sbemu in a 815. In win3x you can use sbpro drivers, but will be a hit and miss

The vesa patched svga driver not always work in intel, i have mixed results

Reply 3 of 3, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Use original Sound Blaster 1.5 drivers that come with Windows installation. Sound Blaster PRO drivers are verry picky and not so stabile.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.