VOGONS

First post, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have an equity ii+ machine with 2.20 BIOS . I am looking for the 3.03 ROM image to hope to fix a floppy drive issue I have with formatting disks under dos 5. I kind of looked around and can't find anything. I have a programmer, just need the BIOS dumps. Any ideas where I could find this?

Thanks..

epson.jpg
Filename
epson.jpg
File size
63.78 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 6, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well shoot I guess no one has a copy floating around of anything newer than 2.20. I used NSSI to make a dump of my 2.20 just incase anyone needed it in the future. Guess it would have to be split to even and odd out of this one file dump.

Attachments

• Filename
    EPSON-220.zip
    File size
    33.12 KiB
    Downloads
    19 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by Ganz-HUNGARY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I have done it with Amiga Kickstarts, but I can't remember exactly how I did it. Look for "burn your own amiga kickstart" on youtube or something similar.
Let's hope you don't need to bitswap the image either. Not diffucult but it can throw you into a loop.

Reply 3 of 6, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a pair of Equity II+ systems, but unfortunately they both have the v2.20 BIOS as well.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 4 of 6, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ganz-HUNGARY wrote on 2023-10-29, 19:04:

Hi!

I have done it with Amiga Kickstarts, but I can't remember exactly how I did it. Look for "burn your own amiga kickstart" on youtube or something similar.
Let's hope you don't need to bitswap the image either. Not diffucult but it can throw you into a loop.

Thanks, yeah I have messed with Kickstarts a bit on my A1200. The best tool I found to help with Even/Odd splits is Eprom Hexxer from Nightshift. An invaluable tool for sure.

Last edited by lowlytech on 2023-10-30, 19:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 6, by lowlytech

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Shponglefan wrote on 2023-10-29, 19:11:

I have a pair of Equity II+ systems, but unfortunately they both have the v2.20 BIOS as well.

Thanks for replying. I guess ROM updates were never published anywhere but on BBS's back in those days or maybe you had to send off for ROM's from Epson directly?

Reply 6 of 6, by Ganz-HUNGARY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

286s are usually clones of IBMs. You could maybe try a few alternatives? Maybe even a "run of the mill" AMI or heck, why not an IBM? You might loose the graphics tho if it's bios is integrated.