VOGONS

ENPC EP-PT11

Topic actions

First post, by beav

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone have experience with this motherboard, ENPC EP-PT11? Is it any good? I looked it up on the retro web and found the manual.

I am getting one from a friend I did some work for. He said it has a Pentium MMx in it but never has tried it but said it looks to be in excellent condition. I was thinking to make a DOS and or OS/2 Warp 3 build. I have 2 sticks of 32mb PC-66 SDRAm (I assume this would work), Matrox Millennium PCI card, IBM ISA sound card., floppy, cd rom, AT case, socket 7 cooler. I don't have a hard drive for it, might stick a flash card in it.

Thanks for the input, I assume it's a rather obscure motherboard and don't anticipate much feedback but who knows.

Reply 1 of 3, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Never heard of the specific board, but Enlight was one of the better PSU vendors in the day, so that bodes well.

Apart from that this is a pretty standard BabyAT i430TX board with everything you'd normally expect on the platform. Most interesting is that it allows 75MHz and 83MHz FSB, although as ever with the i430TX you'd be running PCI out of spec at those speeds. Another nice point: CR-2032 battery instead of Dallas/Odin RTC.

64MB of RAM is fine for a DOS / Warp 3 (why not 4?) build. More is pointless as the chipset won't be able to cache it.

Reply 2 of 3, by beav

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for the input. The guy is giving it to me , I guess it was his Dad's (my friend and he recently passed). He has been slowly selling his Dad's PC stuff off. I fixed a fantastic build his father put together for him 10 years ago, all high quality components so his Dad knew his stuff. I have almost everything to add to it l and it seems to be excellent quality . I may put Warp 4 on it, I've considered it. I just want to to do some Rex scripts and some DOS games. Not sure if my old Wearnes CD still works but it probably does. I wish I had a small mechanical drive for it, may look around locally. Thanks again.

Reply 3 of 3, by beav

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found some time this weekend and printed out motherboard manual and set all the jumpers, new 2032 battery. I installed the cooler, ram, Matrox Millennium II PCI, keyboard . Tested the PSU and it posted perfectly. Now I have to test and clean the floppy and CD I need to clean up the case and get it all installed.