VOGONS

First post, by vintageGuy81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good morning all,

I was wondering if anyone would know who made this style case. I had one with sentimental value years ago and am regretting tossing it away (Who knew vintage computing would be a thing?)

The picture isn't mine, but is the case I'm asking about. It's generic, and at one point I remember seeing them near everywhere in (2) 5.25 and (3) 5.25 bay variants. I did an image search, the models available on auction and classified sites are too highly priced to take seriously.
Thanks!

Attachments

• AT-Case.jpg
    Filename
    AT-Case.jpg
    File size
    162.16 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 8, by boby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had similar situation. But google search worked for me. Found one on ebay, but I pay a lot for it. I wanted that case as it was the same I had as a kid. 🙂
Now, I am rebuilding it.

Hope you will find yours.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 8, by vintageGuy81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
boby wrote on 2024-01-04, 13:47:

I had similar situation. But google search worked for me. Found one on ebay, but I pay a lot for it. I wanted that case as it was the same I had as a kid. 🙂
Now, I am rebuilding it.

Congratulations! Looks like it's in fantastic shape. Glad you found yours, I'll continue to keep my eyes open. Google image search did help a lot, I'll check it periodically. Thanks and good luck!

Reply 3 of 8, by boby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vintageGuy81 wrote on 2024-01-04, 13:56:
boby wrote on 2024-01-04, 13:47:

Now, I am rebuilding it.

Congratulations! Looks like it's in fantastic shape. Glad you found yours, I'll continue to keep my eyes open. Google image search did help a lot, I'll check it periodically. Thanks and good luck!

Thx! Was in very bad shape when I got it. Luckily it just needed good cleaning and some whitening with chemicals + UV light (summer sun) 🙂

Reply 5 of 8, by vintageGuy81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
boby wrote on 2024-01-08, 12:37:

Sorry for the delay boby, those are nice too but not quite like the picture. I bought an AT case from someone, it's not even close but lets me continue with my build. I'll keep my eyes open 😀

Reply 6 of 8, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here: It is extremely overpriced, super dirty, and in germany...

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/486-dx … 879455-228-2476

(Funny: The seller of this really way freakin too expensive system mentions "Smokefree, no pet household" ... but that clearly didnt save the computer from looking like it was found in a swamp...)

Last edited by DerBaum on 2024-02-10, 13:54. Edited 1 time in total.

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 8 of 8, by Vaylo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vintageGuy81 wrote on 2024-02-10, 13:00:

Sorry for the delay boby, those are nice too but not quite like the picture. I bought an AT case from someone, it's not even close but lets me continue with my build. I'll keep my eyes open 😀

Don't know where are you from but there's one currently being offered in Slovakia. Not cheap though.

https://pc.bazos.sk/inzerat/160978549/leanmachine-1996.php