VOGONS

First post, by drew2020

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought a replacement cooler for my Pentium 3 Slot 1 CPU off ebay but it didn't come with a motherboard cable. It's a SUN ACE cooler and it needs a 3 pin female to female cable. Looked on ebay and didn't have much luck. Contacted the seller but they don't sell cables. The fan seems to be readily available on ebay so I'm surprised that the required cable is not included. Anyone hear of SUN ACE and maybe is aware of where I can get the cable?

thanks

Reply 3 of 5, by Carcenomy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah the cable that TheMobRules shared is the correct part. Little end fits the cooler, big end fits a standard 3-pin fan header.

Would love a part number on what the wee connector actually is though, it's similar but not the same as mini JST. Got a dual Pentium 200 with stock coolers but need to make up special cables since it's a whacky old board... would rather not wreck up existing parts!

Ye Olde hoarder collector, average gamer, grumpy old fullah.
Look at all my old crud if you want, http://fragged.retrogami.ng/CarcenoLair

Reply 4 of 5, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks identical to the stock cooler used by Intel on the boxed processors. For reference, this is my P3-800 where you can clearly see the connector that plugs into the fan:

P3_800.jpg
Filename
P3_800.jpg
File size
310.33 KiB
Views
File comment
Pentium III 800
File license
Public domain