VOGONS

First post, by ethreal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi here! I have a Elsa eRazor X A-32 video card which gives me the following picture on a screen.
Diagonal lines are OK - this is something only iPhone camera can catch because of shutter speed. But the horizontal lines which look like a continuation or a shadow of windows headers - this is a thing.
I don't have them when I use another video card.

Updating drives didn't help. I'm wondering if someone else had similar issues and if I should bother myself trying to fix this (on hardware or software side)?
That's my second card so I'm perfectly fine just to get rid of it if it's almost-to-non fixable.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 7, by zami555

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

At which resolution and refresh rate you have this issue? Does it disappear when switched to i.e. 640x480?

I think it's worth to change the VGA cable to other one and check whether some noticeable change in picture quality happened.

On the other side it's worth to check the picture with other display, maybe some LCD?

Above tests should help to narrow down the list of suspected items.

Reply 4 of 7, by ethreal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for suggestions. Will try another resolution and will take a look if VGA cable is not built-in into my current monitor - so I can check it also.
Speaking about the resolution - it happens both on 800x600 and 1024x768

Reply 5 of 7, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I google Elsa eRazor X A-32 I see its a GeForce 256. I thought maybe it was a GeForce TNT2 as I have seen this happen on those cards, normally OEM ones (mostly the M64 versions) but I have heard of a few times people had this problem with 256 as well.

Last I knew it seemed like people thought it was from being overheated....... old time speculation so no clue. I picked up two cheap TNT2 (TNT2 and TNT2 Pro) cards and they both do that.

I have not tried to trace down the problem on my cards I just set them aside for some time in the future so if you find out or someone else knows I would be interested.

Reply 6 of 7, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have Asus GeForce 256 DDR which has the same problem. It behaves like this at every resolution and refresh rate I tried. I don't think it can be repaired.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware