VOGONS

First post, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So there is no information on this but I have this wonderful new AT board and it has some weird "Green PC connector" with what seems like an enable switch on JP15 but a second set of pins for JP5.

On other boards of the time, the "Green PC connector" seems to be a sleep SMI (system management interrupt) as seen on the ATC-1000+. a pull up 8.2Kohm to 3.3V for the enable pins is found on the NA121 What does "sleep" even do in DOS?

Supposedly there are some "control pins" my model seems to have three pins (<=4) and a similar model has 8 pins or 4 signal and 4 ground. Anyone know what these could be for? The manual that even documents them (8-pin version) only provides the attached information.

Attachments

• systemManagement.JPG
    Filename
    systemManagement.JPG
    File size
    8.12 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • GreenPC1.JPG
    Filename
    GreenPC1.JPG
    File size
    12.36 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 3 of 8, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giantclam wrote on 2024-01-29, 00:53:

Shuts down video, hdrive, and on some shuts down cpu fan as well.... it's basically just a power save mode

I think you are right. Do you think it uses a momentary or latching switch?

Reply 4 of 8, by giantclam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rasz_pl wrote on 2024-01-29, 02:08:

Afaik early Suspend to Ram implementation

Yeah... iirc using the APM interface, before ACPI and 'S' modes came into being circa '96

demiurge wrote on 2024-01-29, 02:51:
giantclam wrote on 2024-01-29, 00:53:

Shuts down video, hdrive, and on some shuts down cpu fan as well.... it's basically just a power save mode

I think you are right. Do you think it uses a momentary or latching switch?

It really depends on how it's implemented ~ most were momentary on/off but I have seen it with latching switches.

Reply 5 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not worth messing with from my experience.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 6 of 8, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2024-01-29, 03:52:

Not worth messing with from my experience.....

It may not do anything useful, but I want to wire up the option.

giantclam wrote on 2024-01-29, 03:19:

It really depends on how it's implemented ~ most were momentary on/off but I have seen it with latching switches.

I got a spare momentary button I will see how it works tomorrow.

Reply 7 of 8, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't get the switch to do anything. Maybe it has to have powermanagement enabled in the BIOS?

Reply 8 of 8, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
demiurge wrote on 2024-02-24, 03:16:

I couldn't get the switch to do anything. Maybe it has to have powermanagement enabled in the BIOS?

Got the Green PC button to blank the screen (with three beeps) with a momentary button after BIOS settings.