VOGONS

First post, by gaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to do a search on ebay including sold items, but couldn't see any that were still in the original box!

I still remember the day my brother brought it home from our local computer store 'microplus' .

I also remember telling him he should have bought a 3dfx voodoo 5 5500 instead! 😆 🤣

20240203-021943.jpg

Reply 2 of 5, by MadMac_5

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Back when I looked last year, actual completed auctions finished anywhere from $350 to $450 USD. For one complete in the box, I imagine it might go a bit (but not too much more) higher. These cards are weird and kind of desirable because they're bad in an interesting way; I manage to get surprisingly good performance in Quake 2 with it, as well as Need For Speed IV and a few other games where the drivers were tweaked to work well. For everything else, one is better off running it in single-chip mode and using it as a fancy Rage Fury Pro. That's how I use it most of the time in a PIII-550 system; it works best with CPUs that are faster, but it seems to be VERY picky about the motherboard chipset and its AGP implementation. The 440BX is known to be good (that's what I use with mine), as is the SIS 735 and SIS 745 (as confirmed by PixelPipes). I've also seen someone get it working with an ASUS TUSL2-C using the Intel 815EP chipset.

Reply 3 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes your Pioneer dual deck is worth something to collectors, have a Teac AD-7 that still works 😁
No clue on the vid card.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 5, by gaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2024-02-03, 03:22:

Yes your Pioneer dual deck is worth something to collectors, have a Teac AD-7 that still works 😁

Lol, wondered if someone might spot that!

Also have a 4 channel analogue pioneer A-656 mark 2 amplifier and pioneer stereo pioneer graphic equaliser and pioneer F-227L radio and an AKIA AP-M313 fully automatic vinyl Record player too .

Reply 5 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gaz wrote on 2024-02-04, 00:09:
Horun wrote on 2024-02-03, 03:22:

Lol, wondered if someone might spot that!

Also have a 4 channel analogue pioneer A-656 mark 2 amplifier and pioneer stereo pioneer graphic equaliser and pioneer F-227L radio and an AKIA AP-M313 fully automatic vinyl Record player too .

Nice ! Please post some pictures. There are a few members here that also have some vintage/older audio gear as well as computers.
I collected some Kenwood stuff over the years back in early 2000's, need a new belt for my KD-2055 turntable hooked to a KA-701 with KT7500 tuner with that Teac.
For some dumb reason fell in love with the all aluminum stuff, Thanks for bringing back some good memories !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun