VOGONS

First post, by ToniH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
Earlier this week i got motherboard which has some issues to get recognize memory sticks, usually it gives 48 error code or C1.
I have switched many Palomino core Athlon XP CPU:s on that board, but still stuck in C1 or 48 error.

This motherboard has JumperFree feature, also when i add CPU i will set correct FSB using dip switches, still no go.
I have switched different BIOS version in motherboard but nothing changes.

If someone else have this board and knows possible issues with this board, it would be welcomed to give me some advice to get this thing to work.

Thank you 😀

Reply 2 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah please post a good picture of the board, specifically around the DIMM slots. Ohh crap ! forgot that board has that odd vertical CPU VRM unlike many other Soc A boards (like K7S5A) that are laid out horizontal....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 5, by ToniH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
Thank you of your help, guys.
I got it working and issue was that the voltage jumpers were positioned wrongly so i put all voltage jumpers to Default and it booted.

Im getting remembering and learnign again, how the old hardware worked back then. 😀