VOGONS

First post, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good afternoon. I apologize for creating a secong topic on this issue. I should have asked from the first topic this issue.
My motherboard was capable of installing WIndows XP SP3 perfectly and run multiple programs fine. But there are some issues I can't identify.

1. Irfanview v462 crashes when trying to press install. It also crashes a Dr. Watson Postmortem debugger. (Works in Vmware VM)
2. Prime95 cant benchmark FFT at 8192K. It throws error 1002.
3. Winimage 10/11 crashes when trying to open an IMG file. (Works in Vmware VM)
4. Newmoon v27 for SSE1 throws error on https websites (malformed Server Hello handshake message) (Works in Windows 10 and Vmware VM)

What I tried to do to fix the issue:
1. Underclock the CPU. No changes
2. Reset the default settings in BIOS. No changes.
3. Control voltage, freq manually. No changes. (That's why I asked if there are ways to unlock DRAM voltage setting)
4. Run Memtest from floppy with 12 passes. No errors found.

Any person with more experience, could please help me?

Reply 1 of 9, by MikeSG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried different RAM altogether? Cleaning the RAM/slots with alcohol, toothbrush...

My A7V600 has two sticks of DDR-400-1GB 2.5CL. Populated in the two slots furthest from the CPU.

Are any of the PCI cards sensitive to being knocked? If so, you can try reinserting multiple times, cleaning with alcohol, toothbrush.

Reply 2 of 9, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MikeSG wrote on 2024-02-10, 13:33:

Have you tried different RAM altogether? Cleaning the RAM/slots with alcohol, toothbrush...

My A7V600 has two sticks of DDR-400-1GB 2.5CL. Populated in the two slots furthest from the CPU.

Are any of the PCI cards sensitive to being knocked? If so, you can try reinserting multiple times, cleaning with alcohol, toothbrush.

I only have 2 modules of DDR1 400mhz that are put into the motherboard now. I already tested them with Memtest86 and no errors were discovered after 12 passes.
I have now SB Audigy 2 ZS put into pci slot nr 2.

I reinstalled clean WIndows XP no and I will tell you if problems persist.

Reply 5 of 9, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I believe this proves it is low chanse that these motherboards are deffective. It could be the CPU? The ram was already tested.
3dmark 2001 works fine on both platforms.

Maybe is because I have choosen Windows XP Integral edition and maybe it screws with software?
It is a pack that installs all Microsoft runtimes automatically after install.

Reply 7 of 9, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MikeSG wrote on 2024-02-10, 16:49:

If 3DMark 2001 works fine... it may be software ?

3DMark is a good CPU/RAM/Video stress test.

That's what I believe. I will try original Windows XP SP3 without any modifications.

Reply 9 of 9, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MikeSG wrote on 2024-02-10, 16:49:

If 3DMark 2001 works fine... it may be software ?

3DMark is a good CPU/RAM/Video stress test.

I believe you are right. It is definitely software issue. Irfan view installer refuses to install on Pentium 2 laptop with Windows XP. It is definitely the issue of having older CPU without SSE2 I believe.