VOGONS

First post, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First of all dear admins, dont kill me as this is a sincere question.

I'm trying to find some kind of documentation for my Mitac 4022 clone (jumpers for the CPU specifically) and i found this ISO over at archive.org that (hopefully) will answer my questions.

the thing is, as i haven't (yet) pulled one of my more vintage machines out to mount it (using SHSUCD), i was thinking that i could use VirtualBox (with XP) as a way to get to the content. But i'm stuck at the "shared folders" stage of VirtualBox because even if i select a host folder where the files reside, the mapped device will not show up at all. Any quick-fix for this or am i better off just moving the ISO over and mount it on the real hardware?

Reply 1 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know enough about VirtualBox to help with your technical problem, but if your system board isn't at TheRetroWeb.com https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/index.html or one of the "Total Hardware 99" mirrors then it's not in the Microhouse archive.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 5, by elszgensa

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Doesn't VBox allow you to mount the iso (as in, attach it to the VM as a drive) directly? That way there's no need for any kind of drive emulation running inside it, or copying of files from outside.

Btw, just in case you're overthinking this and all you need is the files extracted from the iso - 7-Zip has got you covered.

Reply 3 of 5, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2024-02-21, 20:06:

I don't know enough about VirtualBox to help with your technical problem, but if your system board isn't at TheRetroWeb.com https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/index.html or one of the "Total Hardware 99" mirrors then it's not in the Microhouse archive.

ah, will check this one out. Thanks B.W 😀

Reply 4 of 5, by my03

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
elszgensa wrote on 2024-02-21, 20:31:

Doesn't VBox allow you to mount the iso (as in, attach it to the VM as a drive) directly? That way there's no need for any kind of drive emulation running inside it, or copying of files from outside.

Btw, just in case you're overthinking this and all you need is the files extracted from the iso - 7-Zip has got you covered.

Idk how to display some emoji that slaps itself in the face, but if i did, i would put one here because it would reflect myself right now 😁

Yeah, i will certainly try this approach. Simple and easy. Thx elszgensa