VOGONS

First post, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just got one of these and would like to get inside for a good clean, but I can't seem to.
It has a bunch of very fragile plastic tabs around the case and one screw under a anti-slip pad, but it still doesn't seem to want to pry open where the cable is.

Anybody knows what I am missing here?

[edit] oh, I realized now that there is an extra screw under the label, I hate it when they do that.
Is dismantling it all really the only way to remove the ball? I see there's a little hole on the plastic circle around it, can this be used to remove just the ball maybe? I don't know how, I poked it with a paper clip and nothing happened

Oh yeah the particular model is this one:
COM-kulicka-LOGITECH-TRACKMAN-T-CC2-9F-100-ok-fP

Reply 1 of 4, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe the hole is there to put a paperclip in and then rotate the plastic circle?

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.

Reply 2 of 4, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Put a paperclip in and rotate the bezel. The ball pops out.

I have a slightly later Trackman Marble PS2 (as well as a PS2/usb combo trackman and a couple of wireless usb trackman) and it uses the same locking ring.

From the late PS2 models onwards they use friction fit sized balls which just push out (barely) from the other side.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 4 of 4, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's new (friction fit) and old (locking bezel) mounting methods for Logitech trackballs:

IMG_20240314_081851_(1200_x_900_pixel).jpg
Filename
IMG_20240314_081851_(1200_x_900_pixel).jpg
File size
158.62 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

The bezel removes like this - you can see the locking tabs on it:

IMG_20240314_081907_(1200_x_900_pixel).jpg
Filename
IMG_20240314_081907_(1200_x_900_pixel).jpg