VOGONS

First post, by teh_Foxx0rz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Picked up this floppy controller a while ago for cheap, but can't seem to track any information about it down online.
I've not tested it yet, don't really know how floppy controller configuration works more generally to even guess at it.

As it shows in the pictures it says "FDAX-100W" on it, but that leads me nowhere.
The main chip has a part number of "WD37C65BJM", though the data sheet for that doesn't appear, to me, to have any hints about the configuration for this card.
The jumpers at the top are labelled in pairs as "A", "B", "C" and "D" (just hidden by the resistor pack in the photo).

Would be neat to use this in one of my PCs instead of having to look for another. Thanks for any leads.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by teh_Foxx0rz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Digging way deeper into search engines and websites I went through the pictures in the list of ROM images on MinusZeroDegrees and came across some cards with some similar banks of jumpers.

For instance this card, which has a similar bank of eight jumpers, and here described as capacity/type selection. This feels quite compelling.

Then I also saw this card, which has some...memory addresses or something? Listed out on it, beginning with "CE", "CC" and "CA"; perhaps that's what the jumper bank in the lower-left corner refer to? Don't what "DS" would mean in that context, but that might be an abbreviation instead.

I'd be curious to know what the other jumpers are for, though given a lot of other cards I'm seeing don't have them, perhaps they're not important. And JP1 and JP5 aren't even populated of course. But still it's nice to know what options or features are available, where possible.