VOGONS

First post, by BigMaQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,

just playing around with another Mobo. The BioTEQ MB1433 with an rebranded UMC 941 Chipset. BIOS is a good, old AMI as I like it, performance better than my OPTI Board with the same CPU.

Sadly, BIOS doesnt support LBA.
Searching for an updated BIOS but cant find it in retro-web or google in general (Found some BIOSes for an other Revision with the same Chip but that doesnt work).

Anyone an Idea to get lba available (find a newer BIOS) on/for this Baby?

thx

Reply 1 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I do not think there is a board BIOS with LBA for your board. You could try an add-on BIOS (like XT-ide, Promise EIDE, etc).
I think there is one for the 1433/50-UIV but it has a newer chipset (498+496 versus 491+493)...btw those Bioteq chipsets are really UMC afaik...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 3, by BigMaQ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I found something.
It is an UMC491F BIOS String, so why not play around with newer BIOSes for this Chips.

So for every future Board Owners, "I" can offer LBA on this Board for AmiBIOS and for our AWARD Fans, also an Award - Version (I dont play much around with the Award, only check it is detecting HDDs and offer LBA and Boot / Windows Startup is going, which was successful). I also got an Award BIOS with a lot of Setting Options for the RAM and Cache timings, but without LBA, so kinda useless, I guess.

Enjoy 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    BIOS_LBA_BIOTEQ.zip
    File size
    83.89 KiB
    Downloads
    6 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 3 of 3, by kingcake

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2024-03-20, 01:21:

I do not think there is a board BIOS with LBA for your board. You could try an add-on BIOS (like XT-ide, Promise EIDE, etc).
I think there is one for the 1433/50-UIV but it has a newer chipset (498+496 versus 491+493)...btw those Bioteq chipsets are really UMC afaik...

Which Promise ROM? I looked in VogonsDrivers and there are several of them.