VOGONS

First post, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement fan for a pair of Coolermaster Slot A coolers? I have two heatsinks and one fan, and that fan is pretty dead. It's a 3 pin Delta AFB0512HB which runs at 6300 RPM and pushes 18 CFM:

https://www.delta-fan.com/products/afb0512hb-af00.html

I've found various 50x50x10 fans but they're all a bit weedy, and I'm concerned that being a CPU cooler it should really have a bit more of a beefy fan, like the original. Noctua don't make any 50mm fans, but I've looked at a 50-60mm adapter and one of their 50x50x25 fans and come to the conclusion that it's almost certainly going to foul on something on the board.

Reply 2 of 7, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

See if you can get something like a 2" to 2.5" pvc, ABS etc plumbing 45 degree elbow and stick a bigger fan on that.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 7, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
megatog615 wrote on 2024-04-05, 18:12:

What do you mean by "pretty dead"? Have you tried re-lubricating it first?

Yes I've disassembled it and cleaned and lubricated it, which has helped - it's mostly ok once it's warmed up - but it's still bad from cold.

BitWrangler wrote on 2024-04-05, 18:23:

See if you can get something like a 2" to 2.5" pvc, ABS etc plumbing 45 degree elbow and stick a bigger fan on that.

It's an option for sure. Hoping for just a simple clean fan swap at the moment.

Reply 5 of 7, by Shadzilla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2024-04-05, 18:30:

The exact fan (Delta AFB0512HB) still seem to be available from the likes of DigiKey and Farnell.

Ah, I should've specified the 'A-F00' bit at the end of the model number. Those fans that DigiKey and Farnell are selling are much lower CFM, and also only 2 wire.

Reply 6 of 7, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shadzilla wrote on 2024-04-05, 19:30:
paradigital wrote on 2024-04-05, 18:30:

The exact fan (Delta AFB0512HB) still seem to be available from the likes of DigiKey and Farnell.

Ah, I should've specified the 'A-F00' bit at the end of the model number. Those fans that DigiKey and Farnell are selling are much lower CFM, and also only 2 wire.

Ah, ok. Try the Sunon MF50151V1-1000U-G99

Seems to be available, 12v, 3-wire, similar CFM.