First post, by foxbat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I have two such cards:

IMG-20240406-163301-HDR.jpg

BIOS of mainboard discovers both of them and lists under PnP devices:

IMG-20240406-162934-HDR-2.jpg

Windows 98SE on first boot after card installation in slot discovers them as well, installs drivers as 'NE2000 compatible' but after reboot cards is reported as unrecognized or faulty with wrong resources assigned by BIOS:

rl2k-02.png
which says that: 'The device is not working properly because BIOS in the device provides incorrect resources for the device (Code 9). Contact with the computer manufacturer for updated BIOS version.'

In other thread about the LAN chipset (Problem with Compex ReadyLINK RL2000 PCI/ISA PnP Ethernet cards) I found information that this cards must be setup by dedicated utility. I had downloaded and setup the cards. Tried both PnP and fixed non-PnP modes with same result. After reboot of Win98SE I can run rlaset.exe and it discovers the card without any problems. I run diagnostics, change and save settings:
rl2k-01.png

To avoid any conflicts with other cards only PCI VGA was present. Also tried all ISA slots on the board.

But still, Windows reports problem and I'm unable to run those cards.

Reply 1 of 1, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have you tried to set the I/O address and IRQ manually in Device Manager?
Especially the IRQ - Windows NE2000 driver is known to use IRQ 3 by default, which often causes problems.

Another idea would be to remove the NE2000 driver, and install the dedicated driver from Compex.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...