VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi dudes and dudettes,

So I am using at present a couple of homeplug 1.0 turbo adapters to get interwebnet into the wrangling zone. I just picked up an additional adapter for a couple of bucks, which turns out to be a plain jane 1.0 capable unit. 14mbps theoretical vs 85mbps theoretical (but get around 50 at this level of world realness) Now I see some info about mixing the Homeplug AV class 200, 500, 600 etc adapters, where it seems that if you have a 600 at the router, your 200 will get 200 to it, but your 500 will get 500 and another 600 will get 600... well as close to it as they would get anyway with the state of your wiring and distance down it as factors. However, I don't see much helpful about the 1.0 and 1.0 turbo, beyond that the turbo will work with basic 1.0. So I'm wondering if everything falls back to 14mbps (ish) or I still get the turbo speeds between the turbos and just 14ish to and from the basic 1.0. Or does it not do it like the AV class ones?

What I'm figuring to do for the noo, is stick crappy old 1.0 adapter in back room, connect crappy old SPI firewall to it, plug crappy old 10Mbit 10BT/10B2 combo hub to that, and etherwebnet my crappy old computers through the whole mess, so I can get 28k down like it's 1997... actually I'm hoping for more like circa 2001 cable modem speed of 5mbps at least... WITHOUT crippling my wranglezone connection.

What do, proceed, or cast it into the fires of Mount Doom?

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.