VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I send for a board, what difference does it makes what it is. It was alleged to have been delivered 8 days ago. I look on the porch - nothing. Hmm what family member or neighbor can I exact vengeance on. Well I informed the seller ... multiple times. Kept getting the impression he/she/it/shit was stalling. I open a case. Days go by. I keep getting reaponses from the seller "I'll look into this as soon as I can". Finally I throw my Hail Mary and explain everything at the specified conclusion of the case. Ebay tells me to suck an egg. The UPS proof of delivery page states it was delivered here. Problem is the page only says the town and doesn't provide a photo.

I call UPS, and was told it went elsewhere. Nect town over. Not my address, a different one. I will call the fuckers tomorrow and get my refund. Or go to the BBB and my credit company.

In any event, buh bye, finito. Fuck you ebay. I am done. You'd think their AI bullshit would take into account my 20+ years of purchases. My 100% feedback (as a buyer and seller), the scammer's less then stellar record. And the simple fact that no proof the damned package was delivered here existed? It's disgusting and shameful. They need to be dismantled just like google, amazon, and whoever pissed me off lately.

I will point out that in essentially 1 week I had 3 returns (honestly there could have been more, and much higher expenditures). Ok. I guess that makes me a bad buyer. Shame on me! No rather ebay is just full of sellers who lie, misrepresent, and frankly need to make better friends with their recyclers.

Reply 2 of 5, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Had seen few cases where seller simply didn't send and just refund me, keeping their ware as indicated in tracking status was still awaiting the parcel for pickup by carrier. Few times, mail went to wrong address too.

And too often, when I purchased, which legally means I'm entitled to this correct item, OOPS, the seller sold out on me by saying had to substitute the item for different item. This happened once for Voodoo3 3000 awhile ago, ended up with 2000. But most of this *frequently* happens all the time is chinese sellers loved to substitute all the time. I had to put foot down and stated must be correct item only, no exceptions! typed into the message box on purchase page.

On Alibaba, bad representations abound: The first thing I see is genuine item for example EBMpapst blower for first few pictures, and proudly stated correct part number for EBMpapst blower on same link, then next few last pictures is generic piece junk. The sellers does not say anything at all which is which, that what is which because the page only said the EBMpapst blower with correct part. So I think, sure good, maybe the other pictures were a mistake and purchased for Ebmpapst. Ended up with generic item, that's illegal, the seller MUST state which one you are actually getting in writing and correct part number, photos is not a legal representation. Same with photos of a kit photos, which I thought I'm getting this with a blower. No, just a 3 phase blower, no 3 phase driver board.
This what killed my interest in alibaba and other chinese websites, completely. Prior to this, just once, I purchased a notebook motherboard from a website which had true origins (was chinese), deep in their website, found on the google search and this was expensive. Ended up a Dell pre-production board with version 0 firmware that cannot be reflashed. Had to send it back and get refund. Costly mistake due to return shipping was covered by me.

Memory modules (mostly high quality fakes), Chips and transistors fakes are a daily occurrence on chinese sellers are guaranteed. Now no longer buy like this except passive parts and occasional pre-built boards.
Chinese selling memory modules recreates high quality OEM style labels and equally high quality modules look but the serial number is identical. Genuine OEM memory modules and branded memory modules are uniquely serialized are burnt into SPD storage along with the timing settings. Which is accessed via SPD utility like CPU-Z so on.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 5, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I filed a claim over the phone. It turns out the tracking number may have been legitimate. That is for the person who lives at that address and bougjt something from Macy's.

I have yet to turn offmy saved search emails. There's 1 item left in my watchlist, that I really really want. I can try and find a way to get it otjerwise. Or just bite the bullet and make 1 last purchase. I always hated those kuntz. They're less them brokers. They produce nothing and keep hiking up the fees.

Reply 4 of 5, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My favorite type of eBay listing is the ones in which the title indicates it's the rare version of the item while the pictures show that it is, in fact, not.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 5 of 5, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I called what I thought was tbeir CS line. Turns out it was the fraud dep't. Don't know if they contacted ups, but issue was resolved, I got the redund but not the power backplane board I supposedly need.

The loser hasn't been banmed as of yet. I'll wait a while and see what happens. I chewed out the individual who took my call. I tried leaving scathing feedback twice, it wouldn't tale. I wanted to reply to this "WE GOT YOUR BACK..." email they sent. That too would habe been nothing less then scathing. I had to jump through captcha hoops in order to send it on. I said screw it. They lost a damned good customer and yet will lose more.

Why am I so angry over a 38$ purchase? Should I be happy? It's just a continual and somewhat poignant reminder that I hate them with an exceedingly hot hatred. With the heat of 8 x 10^27 suns in favt.