VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It has been over 3 years that Epic is giving away free games. Of course not all have been AAA or good games, some were bad, others were online only and some were indies. GOG and Steam also occasionally put up free games, and so does IndieGala.

How often do you end up completing such games (over games that you buy with money)?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 5, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have exactly 390 Games in my Epic library... Of wich i bought exactly 2.
Of these 390 games (excluding the 2 i bought) i have played around 10... of wich i completed none.

I mainly play endless simulation games... So even my favorite games i have not completed after 1000s of hours.

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 3 of 5, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Depends on whether the game interests me. Most of indie stuff I just grab and leave behind.

However, if the giveaway is a classic game from the 90s or 2000s, chance are good that I'll give it a real shot.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 4 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GOG used to give away games that interested me but after the 3rd or 4th indie game I knew I would never play I stopped and only grab games that I know I want.

GOG
Duke3D
Prefer my original disc and have finished many times

Bio Menace
Only got for Nostalgic value, Never really liked the game. If I was going to play it, If was going to play I would do so on a real dos rig.

Total Annihilation
I want to like this game but I just can't get into it. I would play the GOG version though as don't own any other copy.

Dungeon Keeper
Prefer my original disc finished a few times

Hitman: Absolution
The Hitman series looks interesting but haven't started and doubt I ever will.

Epic
GTA V
May start after I finish the original GTA SA but not high on my list.

EA/Origin
Simcity 2000
Prefer my original disc, I guess I've spent enough hours to call it finished for a game with no end

Reply 5 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DerBaum wrote on 2024-01-11, 19:35:

I have exactly 390 Games in my Epic library... Of wich i bought exactly 2.
Of these 390 games (excluding the 2 i bought) i have played around 10... of wich i completed none.

I mainly play endless simulation games... So even my favorite games i have not completed after 1000s of hours.

I think I have Sub Nautica + all games since 2020 except 1. I finished 4 or 5 of them. I plan to play many more eventually this year since there were many AAA that I would've bought and played.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058