VOGONS

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've taken a huge hiatus from my retro gaming goodness 🙁 I fell into a spat there for a year or so where I was going on Gamestop Gaming horde runs! Stupid Friday coupons and the Edge card were the death of me! So now I've built up my console collection quite a bit, mainly PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube, although I still have some love for my roots: NES and SNES.

Anyway, that's another story. I've moved into a new house w/ a way bigger office so I'm going to be picking up this little bomb of a return (ie. "L") desk. The Cost/Quality is amazing, I've already been to a majority of the furniture stores in town and this one is hands down the best. The problem with all the other return desks I saw (other than price/quality) was the fact that they didn't have a wide keyboard/mouse pull out. They only had enough room for the keyboard... so the mouse would have to have been on a different part of the furniture. Talk about screwed up ergonomics!! 😖 Anyway, check out this beauty: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do? … t=5&item=375112
whalenreturn.jpg

So I'm looking forward to setting up my new and retro PCs on the same 'desk'.

Also since I've moved, it's given me a good opportunity to go thru all my stuff, so I'm sure I'll be de-cluttering a lot of my office and will probably be selling off some of my games, stay tuned!

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 1 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ugh.. my signature is so out of date... I'll have to update that as well!

Reply 3 of 12, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I use an old avacado green aluminum drafting desk with a heavy wood slab for the desktop. I'm going to paint it black though I think :p

Reply 4 of 12, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really pretty looking desk you got there!
Not sure what a 'Return' desk means, tho... 😕
(never heard that term before)

But, to me it seems somewhat painful to work at/with - no height adjustment, and those drawers underneath to bang your thighs/knees against.... and little leg room(stretch), as well as that curved support plate hindering movement, IMHO

oh well, don't mind my ramblings - it IS very pretty indeed, so... 😊

Reply 5 of 12, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah, i mean, someone one time mentioned that it's sad that these days most dekstops are just placeholders for desktop computers. 😁 So you don't actually see the desktop itself anymore. 😜

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com

Reply 6 of 12, by djp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That is one be-yooo-tiful desk! Get coasters!

Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Lazarus Long

Reply 7 of 12, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mike 01Hawk, your new computer desk looks super! It looks majestic, fit for a gaming king such as yourself! it has that "professional," executive feel to it! And isn't it so nice to have a spacious office? You're in Gaming Heaven! Enjoy!

Last edited by Kelly Stiver on 2009-07-05, 09:10. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 8 of 12, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

how in the hell would you attach a steering wheel to that
you never thought of that did you 😉

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 9 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks guys.

The quest to find this desk was a major PITA!!! I call up the local store, they say they have stock. I drive down, they do NOT 😠 I'm assuming the lazy customer service rep didn't match the item # to their stock, or were just lazy, who knows. And they wouldn't order me one. See here's the deal, you can have it shipped to you for $250 or you can pick one up from the store for free shipping 😀 I come to find out that it sounds like they are discontinuing the item 😳

So... being the hardheaded person I am since I'm bound and determined to acquire one of these desks, I go home and find the next closest warehouse that has one. Yeah... so there I am, driving 1.5 hours one way to Fort Smith Arkansas to snatch up the last desk they had.

Holy heck this thing is a beast. I need to move it in the office, but to do so I'll need to take it apart again.

Hopefully I'll have pics up this weekend.

Davros I'm solely a keyboard/mouse guy 😀

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 10 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, almost 4 months later is better than nothing eh?

Here's a pic of my office finally set up and presentable 😀

Office%20Oct%202009.jpg

Reply 11 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

When I read "return desk", I thought you were going to see customer service at some major retailer and were particularly impressed by the amenities.

Reply 12 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just guess that's the official name of an "L" desk <shrug>