VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by retroplayusb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had this idea for a topic about Dos game characters so here goes

What do you think the most rememborable video game characters from Dos games are?

My list is

Duke Nukem
Jazz Jackrabbit
Jill of the jungle
Commander keen
the guy from Doom

So what is your list of characters?

Reply 4 of 24, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior...

"Whhhoooooo wantah sum wang???"

🤣!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 5 of 24, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Not that much character developed in DOS games, but B.J. Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein 3D should probably be mentioned. Should also complete the Build Engine leads: Leonard from Redneck Rampage (all about the hillbilly speech (with or w/o cuss pack) and one-liners). Also a few from adventure games: Sam & Max from Sam & Max Hit The Road; Bernard, Hoagie, Laverne, and Dr. Fred from DOTT; Brandon, Zanthia, and Malcolm from Kyrandia series.

Reply 8 of 24, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Grand Admiral Thrawn from TIE Fighter computer game; IIRC it is the only Star Wars EU where Thrawn gets animation and voiceover.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 9 of 24, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1. Guybrush Threepwood from Melee Island.
2. King Graham from Daventry.
3. Roger Wilco.
4. Larry Laffer.
5. Indiana Jones in Fate of Atlantis.
6. Mason Powers from Countdown.
7. Jake from Heart of China.
8. Willy Beamish from The Adventures of Willy Beamish.
9. Freddy Pharkas the Frontier Pharmacist (I still have troubles pronouncing this fast.)
10. And Lord Malik the Wizard who travelled from Spielburg, to Shapeir, Tarna and beyond...heheheh (Quest For Glory series.)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 11 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The Avatar and Lord British...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 14 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hal, did you mean Maniac or Hobbs? 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 19 of 24, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Duke Nukem is definitely a memorable character. Since I grew up with a lot of shareware titles I'd also have to say Commander Keen, Baron Baldrik and Skunny.

Curiously, I find the Guidebot from Descent II memorable and I'm not 100% sure why since it always got in the way. Apparently I wasn't the only one to think so though, considering some of the events of Descent 3. GO WINGNUT! ;D

Jazz Jackrabbit used to be memorable, the Sonic of PC gaming so to speak.

Granted, those are all good guys. SHODAN was also pretty darn memorable, especially once they gave her a voice, despite the fact she was intent on having you die horribly... then serve her forever as a cyborg.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg