VOGONS

First post, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-764

Along with 4 other new games: The Walking Dead, Fables, Hector, and a sequel to Puzzle Agent.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 1 of 13, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It'd better have dying or it's not King's Quest.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 13, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

It'd better have dying or it's not King's Quest.

So god damn true.
Walk to close to the cliff, dead.
Go outside magician's house, DEAD.

I hate you Sierra. 😜

Reply 4 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to watch the "ways of dying in Sierra's.... Quest" series at youtube. It's uh...entertaining...to watch. ONLY to watch.

In Sierra games, height matters. A lot. Princess Rosella can croak if she falls even at a ledge from 2 to 3 feet above ground.

And so does King Graham. He somehow had forgotten to swim in King's Quest V. He can't even cross the first screen of the beach. In King's Quest II, he single handedly swam to ANOTHER island ACROSS the SEA! Strange that he had forgotten to swim in KQ5, since he can FLY in the same game. Or maybe Cedric's magic dust can only make him fly, or maybe that's the side effect of the dust - can fly, can't swim?

On the other hand, can't blame King Graham entirely. Even the most agile assassin in Assassin's Creed 1, can't swim.( At least in the first game. 😉) Dies instantly on falling into water. Well, I never.....

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 5 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ironically, King's Quest V is my most favourite of the lot. 😁 Maybe because it was the first 256-colour adventure game I have played. And also the first CD-ROM adventure I have played.

Didn't have MT-32 those days. And now, I like playing the floppy version with my MT-32. Great music.

Reply 6 of 13, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Space Quest deaths are better!!! Watch Roger get ground up, chopped, vaporized in half, asphyxiated, crushed, etc, etc.... 😁 😁

Reply 7 of 13, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, not to mention death by colordepthism, and the ability to lick and smell whatever.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 8 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Remember the death scene in Leisure Suit Larry 1? Sierra went to great lengths to show us what happens when Larry dies. You know, the scene where he is taken underground mixed in a blender, re-made, etc, etc. The first time I saw it, I thought it was part of the story, till Sierra slapped me with the Quit-Restore-Restart window.

But saying that, the restore/quit window does provide amusing phrases and funny mini-animations.

Reply 10 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Remember all the anguish a couple of years ago when the lawyers stepped in and called a halt to the progress of the fanmade KQIX? Suddenly it makes sense, eh?

Surprisingly, that project is still on track after all these years, and even released a new episode recently:
http://www.tsl-game.com/

Reply 11 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote:

Remember all the anguish a couple of years ago when the lawyers stepped in and called a halt to the progress of the fanmade KQIX? Suddenly it makes sense, eh?

Surprisingly, that project is still on track after all these years, and even released a new episode recently:
http://www.tsl-game.com/

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Wonderful work! Downloaded the games - currently upto 3 episodes are available. More in the works. I'm simply blown away by the quality! It's not another AGS engine story (which is itself a good program). Have to play to experience it.

As an adventure gamer foremost, I believe classic Sierra adventure gamers will love it!

The Episode 1 begins from the Green Isles, at the Princess Cassima's castle.

The latest download comprises of all three episodes in one file. It's a whopping 1+GB.

No need to download the patch or the Windows 7 fix, which are available at the download page. I installed the main latest 3-episode file and it ran flawlessy in my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
(But may differ from systems to systems.)

Note - You have to register at the website, in which the (confusing) download button will take you. But registration is free and does not require to activate through your mail or the like. Direct access after registration.

Reply 12 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

More on The Silver Lining (Spiritual KQ successor XI) : I'm deeply impressed with this series. The production quality puts many commercial ventures to shame. Shows what the ordinary people can do - a fantastic fan effort! I'm humbled.

And for those who want to try, you can still cause silly deaths to Graham. Walk to the jetty and try swimming. You can see Graham die in full HD 1920x1080 resolution (or even higher)!! 😁

Reply 13 of 13, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

TSL's graphics and interface are fantastic. Exactly what a modern KQ should be. But the writing is horrendously and verbosely melodramatic. And kind of amateurish at that.

My opinion, of course.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.