VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya all!

I am puzzled with this "feature" , look at the light the lamp on the ground has:

358b437.jpg

is this how is it supposed to look like?? 😖

The game uses the unreal engine, and this pic is from voodoo2/glide... the d3d renderer produces the same effect... the game is patched with the latest 333b update and the (Direct3D patch #2) , no difference at all...
I suppose since the glide version is the same then this is normal, but is it? It's too ugly IMHO!
Thoughts?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 2, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've only seen that rather a long time ago on the Myth rip IIRC, and what their rip does is try to convert textures from compressed JPEGS back to paletted textures into the UTX resulting in anomalies such as this from a malformed palette import.

solution: buy real thing plz

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 2, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was about to come and delete this thread 🤣
you are correct leileilol , I was wtf??! because I did notice some pink pixels too ...
I deleted the rip and used the real cdroms (I do own the game - you should find it here in my album: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/restqp/Old%20Games/ - since it was new, just got bored installing from cds... I'm just one of those persons that don't want to have cd's around for game checks etc, install and forget about them), lights work perfect...

tried it with v2 sli too on my p4... the 4200ti behaves better
😳

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website