VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

I just acquired an AGP 6800GT/256MB for my p4 win98SE machine (thus replacing my 64MB 4200ti) and I was wondering what is the recommended driver version for it... anyone care to enlighten me? (I learned my lesson with the 4200ti driver situation 🤣 )
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 4, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@F2bnp: do you have problems running older games using 6800 on Win98SE?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 4, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have a 6800, only a 6600GT. Never had any problems with 77.72, but then again I haven't tested a ton of games either. Most of what I want to play on that machine works fine under Windows XP.
I think Blood 2 gave me some problems with this card, regardless what OS I tried it in, but then again it's quite a buggy game!
Shogo worked flawlessly!

Reply 4 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I only tried with the latest 81xx drivers from nvidia, can't say that I see more fps than my 4200ti/64MB on my p4/win98se machine... and I only gained ~+4.000 marks in 3Dmark2001se... (it scored ~15.150 IIRC)
I would expect more from a 6800GT with 256MB DDR3 vram... maybe it was wasted money for a win98se/agp machine... payed 29e for it but needs a silent cooler too...

as a sidenote I could not play BloodII correctly with either the 4200ti or the 6800 and various drivers installed... some tricks can get you going but all have some quirks.
IIRC leileilol said this in a nvidia "feature" about frames sync or something, ATI cards work OK ...
I reverted using the v2/sli setup though for this game, so not all is lost - just some fps and resolution 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website