VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm wondering if there is a way to obtain music from MIDI-based games, that is, those games (e.g. Monkey Island 1-2, most LucasArts, Apogee, Microprose, ID Software, Sierra, Interplay, etc. games from 1990s until whenever MIDI was no longer used in games.) Perhaps, there is some application/ program that can do this. One that is "universal" or "all-purpose" and can extract the music , preferably, in MIDI (.mid) format. Or are there app(s) that can only extract music from select MIDI-based games?

I was guessing that there must be some sort of method/techinque or procedure to extract music from any MIDI-based game, if i am not mistaken. (Just hoping that is not too complicated, by involving a great deal of programming skills, as i'm barely a novice in this field!!) I've tried GAP (Game Audio Player) but its not really good, nor can it extract the music in .mid format. Any suggestions, clues, advice is kindly appreciated.

Last edited by seskanda on 2004-02-03, 05:25. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 3 of 4, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

I believe the recorder plugin for VDMSound will save MIDI files that are sent to the MPU-401 interface.

What version/edition of VDMSound are you referring to? the original one that was designed for WinNT/2000/XP, the Win98 ALPHA, or both? Since I'm running Win98SE my only option is the unstable ALPHA version, and hopefully it is basically one and the same with the original VDMSound.