Common searches

Senrew's Parts Giveaway

Topic actions

First post, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As promised, here is the list of parts that I am freely giving away. I only ask that you pay shipping. If you are within the US, I recommend Priority Mail as the weight of some of these items will be prohibitive, and the flat rate boxes make more sense. If you are international...we'll figure something out. It's going to be costly no matter what I'm sending you.

The link below is to an excel sheet on my Onedrive. It should be viewable without any craziness. I haven't added everything yet; the RAM section is empty as I haven't started to sort through it all yet. I'll be adding items as I find them.

First come, first serve.

http://1drv.ms/1lPo94O

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B

Reply 1 of 43, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I always think it's great when people in the retro computer community are willing to give away stuff for free...I feel that many don't appreciate it sometimes...I looked through your list and I have to resist since I am quickly running out of space 🤣 but I just want to quickly say thanks...I am sure many will take you up on it.

Reply 3 of 43, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for such a kind jesture!

I would love to have your V3 3000, Etherlink III, Adaptec SCSI controller with a compatible SCSI HDD(I'm new to SCSI 😊 ) and a Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, if that is not too much trouble!

P.S. Do you also have SCSI cables? 😊

Reply 5 of 43, by MrKsoft

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow! Glad you're doing this!

Interested in:
PCIe Radeon 4650
Acer Magic S20
WD WDE9180 SCSI2 9.1GB drive
Fast Etherlink XL PCI

Hopefully it's ok to claim things in this thread; if any of these are still available, let me know and we can work out shipping.

The OPL Archive - Preserving MS-DOS music in a unified format!

Reply 9 of 43, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Daaaaaamn, the response I got was humbling. I'm just glad I can help out the community. I already have enough things going to the recyclers, but most of these parts are still useful.

I've been updating the master list as things get claimed. I picked up some more boxes so I should have shipping estimates out soon for those I haven't gotten to yet.

Reply 10 of 43, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

Hands up for the Turtle Beach Montego II, pending a shipping estimate. 😁

Which one is that? 😀

The two vortex cards came out of old slot 1 Dell XPS machines that I had mentioned in other threads.

Reply 12 of 43, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey all. I got called in to work today so the packages will be going out Monday for those who already put down for shipping. I'll try to finish up for the rest of you who are waiting for shipping weights, etc. There's still plenty more stuff to take off my hands so feel free!

Reply 13 of 43, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

As this topic seems to be well underway, I don't really want to spoil the fun. However, shipping costs are money transfers and that would fall under the no trading rule of this forum. What do you all think of this reasoning and how should we continue with "give" aways and other topics like this ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 14 of 43, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Senrew if you still have that Pentium 200MMX you said you had in your PM to me from earlier I'm still interested in that.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 15 of 43, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

As this topic seems to be well underway, I don't really want to spoil the fun. However, shipping costs are money transfers and that would fall under the no trading rule of this forum. What do you all think of this reasoning and how should we continue with "give" aways and other topics like this ?

Obviously lots of options, but how about these:

- You could leave the official policy as it is, but police it lightly when the gear is offered for free and is genuinely retro. Like you just did.

- Or you could have a "Free Gear Giveaway" thread like the "Stuff I bought today" and similar threads. Keeps it in one place but does make it more formally allowed. Not sure how you ensure the forum has no liability if things go wrong unless you put something in terms and conditions of forum use or whatever and ensure everyone clicks I AGREE before their next post.

Reply 16 of 43, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

I think it's "okay" as long as it's innocent/polite as this thread has been, and doesn't become an all-the-time "I'm giving something away for donations and shipping" sort of thing. 😊

Reply 17 of 43, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh so no "I'm selling X component for X dollars, hit me up if U R interested." ? 😜

I see what you mean though, this way of doing things seems to be less "Gimme yo money" and more "Please take this stuff, I can't bear to throw it away" which I think is grand. I mean this way we can all benefit each other by swapping needed components to keep each others hobby computers and collections going. 😁

Reply 18 of 43, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
King_Corduroy wrote:

Oh so no "I'm selling X component for X dollars, hit me up if U R interested." ? 😜

I've actually seen on forums in the past that don't allow FS/FT where people ask for "donations" to "give" hardware away as a way to try shirk the rules. That ofc isn't this thread but I see the potential for abuse with giveaways - basically I think its one of those "fun and games until someone ruins it for everyone" things.

Reply 19 of 43, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well in all reality what is the harm in a thread dedicated to that anyhow? I mean ebay is a pain in the arse and they take a cut of any transaction you do. Just wondering.