VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is another one of those games I had a demo of from a magazine CD. I remember it was very fun to play but I can't remember the title.

It was an arcade-style flying game. You could fly around in biplanes, "regular" planes, and I should imagine some other stuff too since as I recall, when you exit the demo, it showed screenshots of military jets.

The purpose of the game was to execute various stunts. I remember that there was a task in which you had to drop balloons with paint onto a big bullseye on the ground.

The graphics were colorful and cartoony. Generally, the game had a somewhat childish feel to it.

The best comparison I can give you is that it definitely was a lot like Pilotwings 64.

Also, this was definitely a Windows game, not DOS. As for the year, we're probably looking at 1999-2002 range.

Last edited by Yasashii on 2014-08-23, 09:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 13, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Plane Crazy, segasoft game. Had heat.net\Mplayer online support too, and not just for the full game but for the demo too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plane_Crazy_%28video_game%29

Last edited by AlphaWing on 2014-08-21, 02:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 13, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's not it.

The one I have in mind was even more cheerful, mild, and cartoony. And if that helps, I'm pretty sure the player didn't receive any radio commands.

Reply 3 of 13, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Only other flying game I can think of from that era that is super cartoony is Flying Heros.
That was more like UT.... but you were flying tho so that can't be it.

Reply 12 of 13, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
akula65 wrote:

eGames RC Daredevil

Yes! That's the one! Thank you.

Also, sorry for saying that you flew full-sized planes in this game. My memory got distorted.

Reply 13 of 13, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Yasashii wrote:
akula65 wrote:

eGames RC Daredevil

Yes! That's the one! Thank you.

Also, sorry for saying that you flew full-sized planes in this game. My memory got distorted.

Yay!

Yasashii wrote:

I remember that there was a task in which you had to drop balloons with paint onto a big bullseye on the ground.

This was my clue that it might be RC planes rather than full-size planes. I had a screensaver around '99 which was similar called "vrFlightSaver" by VRMan3D in which you could do the same.
http://vrman3d.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto