VOGONS

First post, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's hard to find Japanese branded CR2032 coil batteries at local stores these days, so it seems that eBay is the only way to go, but counterfeiting is a big problem as well. Does anybody know a trusted eBay seller that sells genuine Japanese branded CR2032 coil batteries?

Reply 1 of 12, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Energizer and Duracell themselves have quite a bit of their CR2032s manufactured in China now.

I have sent you a PM.

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png

Reply 2 of 12, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Shouldn't coin cells like the CR2032 widely available? As long as you don't take a no name brand you should be fine.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 3 of 12, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Why would someone need a Japanese CR2032?

For usage on PCs that drain very little current anyway, no-name ultra cheap ones are perfectly fine.
On my digital weight scale, they last about half of the good ones, but they also cost less than half than the good, branded ones, so it's again fine.

😀

Core i7-13700 | 32G DDR4 | Biostar B760M | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 32" AOC 75Hz IPS + 17" DEC CRT 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Win11 + Virtualization => Emudeck @consoles | pcem @DOS~Win95 | Virtualbox @Win98SE & softGPU | VMware @2K&XP | ΕΧΟDΟS

Reply 4 of 12, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have you tried the ones from Ikea? In Russia Ikea sells very impressive batteries (I can only speak for 2032, AAA and AA types). Their single AAA battery in my mp3 player works twice as much as ones branded Duracell or Panasonic that are thrice as expensive.

Reply 5 of 12, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GeorgeMan wrote:

For usage on PCs that drain very little current anyway, no-name ultra cheap ones are perfectly fine.

I tested the ultra cheap CR2032s. In particular "Sunbeam" brand sold in the dollar stores here. They start going well under 3 volts after a relatively short time.

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png

Reply 6 of 12, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These days all the new one should be about the same (made in the same factories with a different name on them). I do wonder if used one can be recharged and repackaged as new by some Chinese con men.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 7 of 12, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Get some Energizer/Duracell ones.

Reply 8 of 12, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mockingbird wrote:

Energizer and Duracell themselves have quite a bit of their CR2032s manufactured in China now.

I have sent you a PM.

Exactly, these days even Amazon.com only offers these two brands for some strange reason. Thank you, I'll check it out.

GeorgeMan wrote:
Why would someone need a Japanese CR2032? […]
Show full quote

Why would someone need a Japanese CR2032?

On my digital weight scale, they last about half of the good ones, but they also cost less than half than the good, branded ones, so it's again fine.

😀

The build quality, lasts longer. Even more reasonable to get a genuine one then since eventually it comes to the same cost. Why accept poor quality in the first place? So they can produce more of that crap and be aware that people are cool with it? =)

RacoonRider wrote:

Have you tried the ones from Ikea? In Russia Ikea sells very impressive batteries (I can only speak for 2032, AAA and AA types). Their single AAA battery in my mp3 player works twice as much as ones branded Duracell or Panasonic that are thrice as expensive.

No, I haven't, but somehow I doubt that Ikea sells Japanese branded CR2032 coil batteries. Not sure if you actually had authentic Panasonic CR2032 batteries.

Reply 9 of 12, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Perhaps you don't find them because you call them coil batteries instead of coin batteries? 😜

My YouTube Channel

Reply 10 of 12, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Solarstorm wrote:

Perhaps you don't find them because you call them coil batteries instead of coin batteries? 😜

I wish, but unfortunately I call it a monopoly when you can only find these batteries made by Energizer or Duracell in local stores.

Reply 11 of 12, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here in germany you get them pretty easy. 😒
Farnell has some Panasonic cells though.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 12 of 12, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:

Yeah, also in Greece.
These yellow AA batteries are very good. Haven't tested 2032 though.

Core i7-13700 | 32G DDR4 | Biostar B760M | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 32" AOC 75Hz IPS + 17" DEC CRT 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Win11 + Virtualization => Emudeck @consoles | pcem @DOS~Win95 | Virtualbox @Win98SE & softGPU | VMware @2K&XP | ΕΧΟDΟS