Reply 22 of 28, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:
swaaye wrote:

snip...

Nice, have missed this article! Thanks so much!

I've been thinking about this screencap.
kt5vdmXA.jpg

I was thinking it could possibly be Chicago or NT3 so I looked at my actual copy of the magazine to see if I could read the text on display better.

Window title: (it is cut off a bit so this may be inaccurate)
Zone5 1.0, Copyright 1993-1995 NVidia Corp. All Rights Reserved

Icons:
File Manager, Control Panel, Print Manager, ClipBook Viewer, Windows Setup, System Configuration Editor, Media Player ROCK.WAV [...]

The spreadsheet:
BLUE SKY AIRLINES Sales Report

Reply 23 of 28, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Windows Setup, I believe would say Windows NT Setup on NT 3.x. Chicago would very far long in development at this point, and have a radically different UI.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 24 of 28, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Simulations would be something to research. Flight sims like Microprose's 1942: Pacific Air War Gold or F-14 Fleet Defender Gold are possible candidates.

Reply 25 of 28, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
calvin wrote:

The Windows Setup, I believe would say Windows NT Setup on NT 3.x. Chicago would very far long in development at this point, and have a radically different UI.

Yeah also Clipbook Viewer is said to have first appeared with WFW. So I think it is WFW.

Reply 28 of 28, by MrKsoft

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a 16-bit port of the "Toy Story" video game that was on the SNES and Genesis. Picked it up as a kid in the Win9x days, realized later that it runs on Win3x (I believe it uses WinG). It says it requires a 486DX2/66, but it seemed a bit laggy on there, so I'd recommend something a little better at least. Given the effects and everything going on in that game, it might be the most advanced 2D game on Win3x. I might reinstall it and have a look to see how it compares to the console version.

The OPL Archive - Preserving MS-DOS music in a unified format!