VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Apparently logitech has just revealed that it has intentions to rebrand itself as "logi" and release peripherials aimed at keeping you connected. However when they did this they put out a commercial to advertise this ideal but the video itself is heavily influenced by the style of the late 80's because neon colours are abound and the music for it is a driving synth tune that feels very hip hip inspired.

So here it is, what do you think? Personally I think it's awesome and I'd love to see a resurgence of 1980's styles. 😁

(EPILEPSY WARNING! STROBING COLOURS!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CO6PJ6IWFI

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 2 of 26, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Please no.

No. No please. No no no no no no. This is the worst thing that ever happened.

Well I guess it's not that bad, I'm don't really use Logitech products anymore, after my G400s died. Moved on to bigger (more hand filling) and better (better software) Roccat Kone+.

Reply 7 of 26, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣 Personally I haven't used one of their products for years either, I just thought the commercial was cool. 🤣

Reply 11 of 26, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an old Logitech keyboard and mouse. I might have to put that old keyboard to use. Got it free brand new, as well as the USB mouse. I don't think I really like the new idea, I think they were just fine. I have another logitech USB keyboard that I currently use (I switch between keyboards) and its decent even though I got it from the garbage.

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 12 of 26, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1248075250110.jpg

The modern world needs colour - everything's all black, white, or grey - so I'm with them there. But what's with the flashing? There had to be a subliminal message in there somewhere.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 13 of 26, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TELEPACMAN wrote:

Sorry man, in this case the 80's are in the eyes of the beholder 😉 It's just some acid colours.

No no, not the colours specifically I meant the combination. Synthy almost hip hop sounding music and some of the clothing is distinctly retro. Specifically the guy with the white shirt and the triangles on it, it's all very early 90's. The colours are also reminiscent of that with the bright yellow, purple, light blue and teal though. Admittedly maybe I jumped at a conclusion but that what it made me think of 🤣.

Also yeah I don't get the flashing either. 🤣

Reply 14 of 26, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The colors look kind of 1970s to me. I wasn't listening to the audio though.
I'm glad I didn't see "Logi" in that ad, I hope they aren't going to truncate the name like that, it's just dumb.

I've had 2 or 3 Logitech mice over the years, and I've generally been happy with them.
My current mouse is a Logitech G500 which is the fanciest mouse I've ever owned, and I do like it, but occasionally it ticks me off when it's firmware just fails to boot at power on. It sits there blinking the red LED and won't work until I reach back and unplug it from the USB and plug it back in again. It's a damn mouse, not the space shuttle. Power on, it should work, period.
It's not just me, Logitech knows about this problem because they documented it on their tech support site. Their "solution" is to replug the USB cable. "Just reboot it!" isn't exactly the mantra of a quality product.
It's too bad, because other than this ridiculous issue, I really was impressed with the mouse.

Reply 15 of 26, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From what their website shows, it looks like they're not changing their name so much as re-branding themselves (like when Intel dumped Pentium and "Intel Inside" a few years back) - honestly as long as the few products they make that I still use (primarily their universal remotes) don't change or get abandoned, I don't care one way or another. I agree that ad was just horrible on the eyes...

Reply 16 of 26, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't really say I have bad experience with Logi(tech)'s mice and keyboards, although I always slightly prefered Microsoft's.
Logi(tech)'s gaming periferals I always found lacking in engineering/build quality, their joysticks are rubbish and I owned a steeringwheel that had an internal design flaw, although their past gamepads were actually very good.
And I have a Logitech G35 headset from which after three month or so the leather started to peel off from the cushions. 🙁

I actually like the namechange, though it sounds less businesslike, it saves me to type 'tech' every time, yes I'm lazy, I guess so is Logi. 😁

Reply 18 of 26, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a very colourful computer in your avatar! What is it a Sun system?