VOGONS

First post, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys,
I recently reinstalled windows 7 on my main PC. Before it was having the same problem. The thing is it starts installing (in device manager) and it goes to the updated driver then reverts to the default (Microsoft WDDM) driver and it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" or something similar. I'm not at my PC right now so IDK. But I also tried the nvidia installer but it says it failed. I'm at a loss here and I don't really want to install win 8.1. I tried the same gfx card (Quadro Fx 1700) in win xp and it worked fine. My specs on this pc are: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad core cpu, 8gb ddr2, Nvidia quadro FX 1700 512mb gfx card, Foxconn destroyer mobo

any Help is appreciated, I asked on another website (Bleeping computer) and got no replies. Thanks!

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you tried Wagnard's DDU prior to installing?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I will check that out, thanks!

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 3 of 3, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You may have to install/update drivers for your motherboard's chipset first.
It could be that the chipset is not properly supported, and therefore the PCI-e bus is not working correctly to detect your video card.

Another reason why NVidia drivers may fail to install is not enough space on your system drive. Make sure you have at least 1 GB of free space.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/