VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Phlum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place, being a new member and all that.

Many years ago, my dad introduced me to a wonderful shareware game called Cheesy Invaders, and it seems to have followed me around since then. It's one of those games that's always found its way onto every computer I've owned, and it's also really damn tough, meaning I never got very far in it. Except the other day, I beat the final shareware level.

Well, since it's not 1995 any more, I can't exactly register the game - as much as I'd like to. I'm not coming here asking for a free copy or anything like that, I guess I'd just like to know what I'm missing. Or if anyone has any ideas on how to track down the creator of the game so I can throw my ten dollars at him in exchange for that sacred floppy disk. (Just an email address or something, don't wanna dox the guy)

Hell, did anyone else even play this game?

Ea511XH.png

Reply 1 of 8, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never played it, but googled a little bit and found this link. It has a download link, not sure if it is the shareware or full version. The site cam to be the original developer.

http://cheesysoftware.net/cheesy/index.html

Reply 2 of 8, by Phlum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep, I linked that very page in the OP 😉

I've emailed the dev recently, no response though. Bit of a long shot considering he hasn't updated any of his games since the late 90's.
(Also, you should totally play it. It rocks.)

Ea511XH.png

Reply 3 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ahh, Megapede. I remember that one. Not Cheesy Invaders, though.

Since his has his own domain name, you can probably look up his DNS registration information if you really want to, but that probably will amount to the same as E-mailing him.

Reply 4 of 8, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Phlum wrote:

Yep, I linked that very page in the OP 😉

I've emailed the dev recently, no response though. Bit of a long shot considering he hasn't updated any of his games since the late 90's.
(Also, you should totally play it. It rocks.)

Oh 🤣, sorry I didn't even notice the link. Guess I should pay more attention.

Reply 5 of 8, by Phlum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

you can probably look up his DNS registration information

Worth a shot. I looked and he's wisely used WhoIsGuard or similar to obfuscate it.
There's also an email address when you exit Megapede, which I won't post here in plain text for obvious reasons...unfortunately, that one uses a domain name that hasn't been in use since at least 2005. Great!

EDIT: Found yet another email address nestled within the .doc file that comes with the game. How many did this feller have?!

Ea511XH.png

Reply 6 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you're lucky, the author's snail mail address is still valid. 😉
Just send him a post card, if you wish (w/ email address).

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//