VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Work today was great, but my commute back home was rough. Went to the pet store to get rabbit food, was coming up to an intersection, and once the light turned green, my right front tire blew on my car (saw smoke and heard a noise).

4 F-words, 1 rusty lug nut bar, and a parking brake later, I got the spare on, tightened the lug nuts all the way, and got home safely. Took everything out of my trunk and cleared out more space, drove to the shop with my dad following me, and got a new tire installed. My plan for Saturday is to get 3 more tires of the same brand, get the oil changed, and an alignment.

Sorry for the ranting. 'Tis been a long day.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I feel your pain. I had a terrible work day yesterday. On the bright side of things today is Tuesday and tomorrow we have our community festivity (Andalusia Day). Yay!.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 7, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But the rabbit's got a full belly, that's all that matters!

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Asus V7700 GF2 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 7, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What is worse than Mondays?
Fridays that turn into Mondays.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 7, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:

Work today was great, but my commute back home was rough. Went to the pet store to get rabbit food, was coming up to an intersection, and once the light turned green, my right front tire blew on my car (saw smoke and heard a noise).

Did the week get any better? Friday's almost upon us, and soon you'll have four new tires.

Oh, and don't forget to get an alignment so you preserve your investment.

(Also, you don't say if they're this kind, but if you have those "donut" spares, it's really safest if you move a back wheel to the front and put the donut on the back axle. It's a huge PITA to do that and I suppose if you only have about 3-5mi left to go then you might could risk it. "GI Joeeeeeeee")

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 5 of 7, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Getting the rest of the tires today and an alignment later on, and it's snowing at my location. Also, my week is getting better. Thanks.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 6 of 7, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:

Getting the rest of the tires today and an alignment later on, and it's snowing at my location. Also, my week is getting better. Thanks.

Snowing! Many people don't get winter tires, and if yours aren't at least being new you'll have deep tread. I'm just sold on winter tires myself.

We got some freezing rain earlier in the month and I regretted not having winter tires on either car (I never got around to it on the RX, they're just sitting in the garage). When winter tires get put on clearance (should be soon) I'm going to order a winter tire and wheel package for the LS, and maybe even try to find a Torsen differential for the thing. An open-diff RWD car on "3.5 season" tires makes for a too-thrilling drive in those conditions 😀

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 7 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

giphy.gif

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//