VOGONS

Common searches


First post, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ahh machine learning at it's best, Malwarebytes is now blocking vogons with a trojan alert, probably because it misdetects dgvoodoo2 as malware, or a host of other things here... lovely

Reply 1 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would guess it's blocking vogons based on something hosted here, not something that's just linked here (and dgVoodoo is only linked here).

Obvious question: if you're using Malwarebytes, why are you here? No sense in using security software you're just going to override anyway.

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/co … es/home-support

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 3 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Obvious question: if you're using Malwarebytes, why are you here? No sense in using security software you're just going to override anyway.

That's like saying no sense using a Sat-Nav when you don't follow it's directions down a 1 way road.
The sensible people are the ones that make their own judgments on what technology is telling them, the people that just blindly accept whatever they are told are the worrying ones.

Reply 4 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinny22 wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Obvious question: if you're using Malwarebytes, why are you here? No sense in using security software you're just going to override anyway.

That's like saying no sense using a Sat-Nav when you don't follow it's directions down a 1 way road.

Then the question for OP is: How many times have you listened to this "Sat-Nav"?

Because he's overriding a security measure designed to protect his sensitive information, to access a video game website, with no solid indication that the security measure is ill-informed. I wonder what his criteria for listening to it is.

Reply 5 of 6, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was more posting it as a heads up for the admins, not to be chided for my chosen security software. I am well versed in computers and security and don't need you telling me anything thanks.

Reply 6 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RoyBatty wrote:

I was more posting it as a heads up for the admins, not to be chided for my chosen security software. I am well versed in computers and security and don't need you telling me anything thanks.

I didn't chide you for your chosen security software, but I asked why you choose to have it installed, consuming system resources, and seemingly not actually using it.